no more excuses

Options
Hi I'm 47 (shhh) soon to be 48. Seems like for years I became an expert at gaining but not loosing weight. I tried all the diets and some worked others didn't.... or they would work short term and seemed like such a hard slog for little effort.

I joined boot camp in June - right in the heart of winter. It was tough and didn't give me the results i had hoped for in comparison to the amount of pain, but then again i didn't modify my diet too much. I have since had some health issues which forced me to quit the gruelling torture of BC but i did join the gym the one thing I can say about BC taught me discipline and the saying NO MORE EXCUSES.

However as soon as i got onto MFP the results came in. I work out at least 3x per week (except for last 2 weeks because i injured my back) but understanding how much you eat and the caloric value has made the real difference. Even during the last 2 weeks when i have been bed ridden and unable to walk i have still lost weight. I love the support and information on this site.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier cheers

Replies

• sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    U r doing this! No more excuses! It is your time and u r taking it! Our stories r very similar I'm 46, I've been doing booty camp since June, love it! I'm now kicking my last eight pounds to the curb. If u really want your *kitten* kicked, to lose this once and for all, no more excuses, to be accountable I DARE U TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND!!! U will also be able to kick my *kitten* too! I'm not hiding any food or fooling myself it is all out there on my diary. DARE YA!
  • fatgirlslimagain
    fatgirlslimagain Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks Sandymac you're on.

The NO MORE EXCUSES was the line the Boot Camp trainer yelled at me as i was ready to quit within the 1st 5 minutes. I triggered something in me and now i have adopted it for life

Being injured this week is the 1st time I have not been up at 5.15am each day but still doing what I can at home, mostly arm work like pushups and weights.

Anyone else want to come on board to No More Excuses you are welcome
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I don't do boot camp, but I am 43 and have changed my ways since joining MFP. I'm loving this new me!! You are right, NO Excuses!!!
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LOL well No More Excuses, I am right there with ya girl! LOL 47 soon to be 48 as well and have been batteling the bulge for a long time now and decided 2 years ago that i was not going to do this anymore! LOL My DH gave me a gym membership with a personal trainer 2 yrs ago and thought I was kicking butt! BUT, it only worked for a bit until I realized that i just wasnt getting anywhere. Then I decided to go a step further and joined Jenny Craig, and girl the weight started falling off! Since then I joined this wonderful chat program and things have been even better with the great encouragement that everyone gives you. Now, I have been battle the last 5pds but am determined to get there because afterwards i begin a new goal of another 50pds!

So that being said I am there with ya! We can all do this together, you can do this!!!! :happy:
  • pace4me
    pace4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is speaking to me as well. I just ran the Dallas marathon this past weekend and did so in 43 degree rainy weather. I finished thinking "no excuses.". It really is setting our mind for success! I would love to have accountability partners too. I actually gained after running!!! No excuses right!
  • sandimack
    Options
    we should start a No excuses Group. Sounds like we all are fed up with being overweight. I do like Kicking peeps *kitten*. I will call you out if I hear a hint of whining. And yes I'm a big girl I can dish it but definately need to be called out too. I'm ready to reach goal and THAT IS JUST THE BEGINNING!! I will maintain, sculpt, and stay fit.
    I've come this far and I feel fantastic.

If you have any ideas about starting a group message me. I do want to be accountable. I've already dropped weight since Saturday when I added friends and realized they can read diary, exercise and all my info! This group is not for excuses, the not sure peeps, the one that can't take a joke or an *kitten* kicking. This is for the committed, someone that can dish it and take it, a good sense of humour, hey if you can't laugh at yourself sorry I can be brutal. R u scared yet? Or r u fed up and want the challenge. DARE YA, YOU JUST MIGHT FIND SUCCESS! And sorry this is the beginning, with a middle but NO ENDING. LIFER'S FOR SURE! The only way out is to quit.
    Sandy
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Amen, NO Excuses is my logo period. I am almost 60yrs young and I will be as healthy as I can be. I push my self to at least walk on a daily basis plus. I am working with my nephew who is a person trainer and he shows no mercy and that is a blessing to me. We can do this and be here to support each other I do look forward to logging in and testifying my success and then help and encourage and be encouraged by others.....
  • sandimack
    Options
    Marathon that is fantastic ya cold, rainy weather, is just an excuse waiting to happen. Hahaha that would be a tough one, Props girl
  • pace4me
    pace4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I turned 40 this past June and needed a goal. Now I am game for a no excuses group! I need truth when it hurts to hear it to keep me on the straight and narrow!
  • richelle67
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for about a month, thanks to my daughter who suggested it. So far I have found it to be very helpful. To have to be accountable for everything I put in my mouth when I put on here really helps. It took me a month, but today, I took the plunge and went back to the gym. I haven't seen the inside of it for pbly a year except when I would go in to tan. I would like to get more friends on here for support, so feel free to add me if you are interested. Richelle67