Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm fat.

2»

Replies

• loula1076
    loula1076 Posts: 18 Member
    Congratulations Amanda! I'm a fat mom, too. My name is Laurie. I've been up and down with my weight for so long it's almost become a lifestyle. I hope that I can make being healthy my new lifestyle. My son is on this journey with me because I didn't teach him healthy eating at a young age. I've learned lots of little tricks along the way. Like, chocolate graham crackers w/lite cool whip in the freezer taste as good as "real" ice cream sandwiches, but way fewer calories. Try making them with your kids. Best of luck!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Thank you all so much for the overwhelming response.

As for getting my family involved, they're in it whether they want to be or not. I'm not going to play the game of make one meal for me and something totally different for my family (again). My husband is overweight (not nearly as much as me but probably 50 lbs) and my middle daughter just had bloodwork come back that at 6 years old she's on her way to type 2 diabetes because of her weight. The whole family is gonna get a food make over. There will be a lot of junk that just doesn't even come into this house anymore. It's going to be hard, and we're going to miss the crud at first, but we'll use substitutions, and when we all start feeling better, I doubt I'll get complaints!!

The hardest part I think will be that we eat on the go a lot. We find ourselves in the drivethru sometimes as much as 3 times a week. I'm not sure how we're going to overcome that hurdle yet. I stink at time management... anyway, Thanks again for so much support and I am getting kind of excited about this site. :heart:

To avoid eating out the best thing that I have found is utilizing the crock pot-
    I am very busy I work fulltime so does my husband and are kids play sports and I'm a gym rat now- so we are always on the move but when all is said and done when we finally get home dinner is done- Throw it in the crock pot in the morning and don't worry about it for 8-10 hours later.

Its also great because when my husband is on night shift he can come home on lunch and eat dinner while I am still out with the girls either at the gym or at one of their activities.

As for your child put him/her in some kind of sport - Kick the kids outside for exercise-
    Leave fast food alone its the devil seriously- Just try and plan better-

Kids being overweight is hard- because other kids tell it like it is without holding back- there is no grey area with kids- Im sure you know this already so don't feel like I am preaching-

Its great that you are making a step in the right direction-

Oh yeah Taco's with ground turkey is super easy and fast to make and its cheaper than Taco Bell-- when you don't have much time to cook its a great idea- Also try to stay away from the packaged foods and really look at the serving sizes-Good luck on your journey
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • stephiepoo
    stephiepoo Posts: 81
    Hi :smile: Amanda welcome back. I also joined MFP a while back and came back and started commiting to it and I lost 13 pounds but then I fell of the wagon but today I am starting again. It does work you just have to keep doing it. Wish you the best of luck, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Awww.....I'm here for you! We can do it!!!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Congratulations Amanda! I'm a fat mom, too. My name is Laurie. I've been up and down with my weight for so long it's almost become a lifestyle. I hope that I can make being healthy my new lifestyle. My son is on this journey with me because I didn't teach him healthy eating at a young age. I've learned lots of little tricks along the way. Like, chocolate graham crackers w/lite cool whip in the freezer taste as good as "real" ice cream sandwiches, but way fewer calories. Try making them with your kids. Best of luck!!

ooooooooh yum
  • Thank you all so much for the overwhelming response.

As for getting my family involved, they're in it whether they want to be or not. I'm not going to play the game of make one meal for me and something totally different for my family (again). My husband is overweight (not nearly as much as me but probably 50 lbs) and my middle daughter just had bloodwork come back that at 6 years old she's on her way to type 2 diabetes because of her weight. The whole family is gonna get a food make over. There will be a lot of junk that just doesn't even come into this house anymore. It's going to be hard, and we're going to miss the crud at first, but we'll use substitutions, and when we all start feeling better, I doubt I'll get complaints!!

The hardest part I think will be that we eat on the go a lot. We find ourselves in the drivethru sometimes as much as 3 times a week. I'm not sure how we're going to overcome that hurdle yet. I stink at time management... anyway, Thanks again for so much support and I am getting kind of excited about this site. :heart:

To avoid eating out the best thing that I have found is utilizing the crock pot-
    I am very busy I work fulltime so does my husband and are kids play sports and I'm a gym rat now- so we are always on the move but when all is said and done when we finally get home dinner is done- Throw it in the crock pot in the morning and don't worry about it for 8-10 hours later.

Its also great because when my husband is on night shift he can come home on lunch and eat dinner while I am still out with the girls either at the gym or at one of their activities.

As for your child put him/her in some kind of sport - Kick the kids outside for exercise-
    Leave fast food alone its the devil seriously- Just try and plan better-

Kids being overweight is hard- because other kids tell it like it is without holding back- there is no grey area with kids- Im sure you know this already so don't feel like I am preaching-

Its great that you are making a step in the right direction-

Oh yeah Taco's with ground turkey is super easy and fast to make and its cheaper than Taco Bell-- when you don't have much time to cook its a great idea- Also try to stay away from the packaged foods and really look at the serving sizes-Good luck on your journey

Thank you, these are good tips! I do love my crock pot but I haven't been using it enough. It makes perfect sense though for those busy days.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome to MFP!! wishing you the best on your weight loss Journey!!!
This discussion has been closed.