Dress help

Options

Replies

• jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    get those lovely tummy control pants! Spanx are the best brand and they do work

Spanx!!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    SPANX are great, but I have found they can create a Muffin Top effect- maybe a full torso strapless bre/corsette???

Sounds strange, and maybe a little TMI- but I went to Fredericks of Hollywood and bought a corsette for a present for my hummby for Christmas- the sales girl laced me into it- I swear my waist went from 34 inches to 18- and after you have it laced once, you just use the regular bra hooks in the front to get in and out-

looks fabulous and was unusually comfortable....
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Spanx.

Or, if you can afford it, but something that will fit properly. My husbands company holiday party is a week from Friday...and I'm working on getting out of the 260s before I go shopping for my outfit on Sunday (should be possible, as I'm at 261.8 right now).

Anyway. Good luck! And have fun at the party.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    dressy blazer or jacket
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    There are things you can do to lose water weight and cut down on bloating--drink a lot of water, don't drink alcohol or soda (diet or otherwise), cut down on salt and carbs. It might make a difference, but you know your body and whether it would be worth it to disrupt your habits for however much or little of an effect it might have.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Drink WATER, and lots of it! Green tea also helps speed up your metabolism a bit so drink up!
    Lighten up on simple carbs, (Sugar, breads, pasta - even the whole grain stuff). If you must take in the carbs, look for oats, and other high fiber, less processed options to help you shed those pounds asap.
    SODIUM - killer for water retention!! Do not add salt to foods, watch those processed foods too (canned soups, boxed meals, etc).

Good luck! You can do this!

This is a more permanent fix.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a Spanx. they are well worth the cost!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing SPANX Friday with my new "Kim Kardashian" dress to our holiday party.
    I love my SPANX! :love:
  • jclayton28
    Options
    On the body shapers. just remember what is being held willcomeout elsewhere. try it on with your dress. Sit. Stand. Walk. Move. see where they creep, roll, pinch, etc. There is not much worse than a body shaper malfunction!

I totally agree. Nothing worse than a body shaper malfunction. I absolutely hate it when the spanx aren't tall enough and then my back fat shows. Ewwww....
  • reenpayne
    Options
    SPANX, WILL DO IT!!!!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    or what i like to do is buy a massive, beautiful handbag and hide behind it. lol

lolol that's my approach!

Sorry I can't add anything useful to what's already been said.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to fit into a dress too, but for Fri. night! Love the suggestions, thanks!!
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Get rid of excess body fluids by eating a lot of fresh pineapple and/or watermelon - it will make you run in toilet a lot since you need to pee all the time, LOL! :-D
    Good luck in quick fix and hope next time you'll have got a permanent fix to that challenge already! :-)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    get those lovely tummy control pants! Spanx are the best brand and they do work

Yes .siree
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Try shobutu
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Spanx it!!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how big you are, but when I was big spanx just didn't cut it, I used these:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweet-Nothings-82466/17109096

They are awesome!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    target makes more affordable form of spanx, assetts.. and the they are made by spanxs!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Cut carbs low up until the party, will flatten the tummy
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    COLON CLEANSING! Go and get a colon irrigation thing, it flushes you out, everything! And it will reduce your stomach by a good few inches. This honestly works. I would do this and wear spanx to look ultra fabulous.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs low up until the party, will flatten the tummy

Cutting carbs and increasing protein will get rid of some water weight.