Sarcasm puctuation or Sarcastaquotes '''Brilliant'''

Options
Alright friends time to be serious for a second. I have always wondered why there wasn't a punctuation mark for sarcasm and even did a bit of research on the subject. There is a Guy who invented a little squiggly exclamation point, but what good is that if it's not on my keyboard? My solution is much simpler. sarcastaquotes '''Is he being serious'''. That's right all you have to do is add triple quotes to whatever your saying and it's sarcastic. I know what your thinking, but keep in mind there was once a man who invented the question mark and in his friends mocked him too, but he stuck with it and now the world is a better place. Example : '''Rays a genius'''

BTW- I love making new friends :bigsmile:

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    """If you have to have sarcastaquotes, you need to work on your sarcasm."""

:laugh:
  • Kimi0371
    Kimi0371 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "'Great idea! That's sure to catch on!"'
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Ray's a real "genius".

Works better and is already used.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Alright friends time to be serious for a second. I have always wondered why there wasn't a punctuation mark for sarcasm and even did a bit of research on the subject. There is a Guy who invented a little squiggly exclamation point, but what good is that if it's not on my keyboard? My solution is much simpler. sarcastaquotes '''Is he being serious'''. That's right all you have to do is add triple quotes to whatever your saying and it's sarcastic. I know what your thinking, but keep in mind there was once a man who invented the question mark and in his friends mocked him too, but he stuck with it and now the world is a better place. Example : '''Rays a genius'''

BTW- I love making new friends :bigsmile:
    Boredom at its best or PURE GENIUS! WHY AM I SHOUTING?
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Ray's a real "genius".

Works better and is already used.

*Like button*
  • Firefighter_Ray
    Firefighter_Ray Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    But, it only "works" if your being sarcastic when you quote someone. If your being sarcastic with no previous reference, like if I say '''It sure is beautiful out today''' you can assume I'm in Ks and it's really F'ing cold and windy out.
  • Firefighter_Ray
    Firefighter_Ray Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You might be Nay Sayers now, but when I'm rich and famous from inventing this you'll all want to be my friends :grumble:
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You might be Nay Sayers now, but when I'm rich and famous from inventing this you'll all want to be my friends :grumble:

'''I am sure'''
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Hey my Hubby's from Kansas. Oh and I've decided if not brilliant then your just a mad scientist. :D
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Or was it genius not really sure.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "crickets.....crickets" ......"tumbleweed"....."crickets".....
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Hey you belong on my bump post. Bad puppy! TO YOUR CAGE! AGAIN WHY AM I SHOUTING?!#*
  • HOSED49
    Options
    Hey you belong on my bump post. Bad puppy! TO YOUR CAGE! AGAIN WHY AM I SHOUTING?!#*

Problems with medication maybe? Terrets? Lol
  • fit4mom
    Options

You have no idea!:sad: :bigsmile: :laugh: :wink: Thanks for the comedic break. Dance monkey dance. I don't understand why I'm always taking the thread for a ride.:huh:

Problems with medication maybe? Terrets? Lol
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    "Terrets? Is that anything like Tourettes?"
  • fit4mom
    Options
    "Terrets? Is that anything like Tourettes?"
    Good question. :D
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    "...or maybe he misspelled ferrets...?"
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Great idea but then everything I say would be in triple quotes!!!!
  • HOSED49
    Options

ouch....from kentucky, we just spell it like it sounds with our 6th grade edumacation!
  • fit4mom
    Options

ouch....from kentucky, we just spell it like it sounds with our 6th grade edumacation!
    (Pats poster on head) and that's why your good at being a beautiful person.:wink: Forgot the darn smiley thingy.:blushing: