Ladies with big ta-ta's!

Options
I am having such a hard time finding a bra that fits well. I am a 34DD and it is THE hardest size to find. Of course no stores like Kohls or Target carry this size, and if they do it is those huge, shapeless kind which even seem to be too big! Where do you find your bras? Of course there is always Victorias Secret but I do not want to spend $60 per bra when I need multiples! I don't want push up bras either, just something that will hold them comfortably and look fantastic! HELP MY BOOBIES!

Replies

• KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    38DDD here! I hear ya! Check out Lane Bryant! They usually have a buy one get one 50% off deal they run about $40. Cacique is the brand, I believe!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I was 36 DD at one point and that is also hard to find. I soon shot up to a 40 E which was a lot easier to find lol. I'm now a 36 D. My ta ta's are shrinking. Just hope they don't shrink too much more.

Walmart sometimes has them but it's hard to find them. Good luck!
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing for your request! Just went to their website, today only they are BOGO free!!! :) Great deal!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant for sure! I've gotten to the point of not fitting into their clothing anymore but I still go there (and only there) for bras! (I'm a DDD) Great prices and they go on sale pretty often too.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    lane bryant doesn't (usually) carry the 34 band size. it generally starts around 36s. i recommend hitting up discount stores like gabriel bros or ross dress for less.
  • illy823
    Options
    Hey there... I have 36DDD... Used to be a 36DD.. but realized that I had to keep re-adjusting... I found that Soma has great bras.. Yes they are around $42.00 but so are VS and they aren't that great... They always have specials going... Hope that this helps...

illy
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    lane bryant doesn't (usually) carry the 34 band size. it generally starts around 36s. i recommend hitting up discount stores like gabriel bros or ross dress for less.

I'm glad you said that because finding the 34 is the hardest part. It's super easy to find a 36 which is what I used to be but now that I've lost a few inches it is so hard to find a great bra. Right now my boobs are spilling over in the middle and it looks awful :(
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get all of my bras at Lane Bryant! I don't fit their clothes but the bras definately are good quality for the big boobies. And yes! watch for their deals!!

For sports bras- go to titlenine.com I got to stop wearing 3-4 bras to run after finding this site!!

Good luck!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    36 f here and I ONLY buy good bras - from good department stores when they have sales on - there is no mileage in buying cheap the elastic is cheap and the bras lose their supportiveness
    buy about three good bras in nude colours
    dont buy too many when on your weight loss journey as they may not fit you for long
  • AMS930
    AMS930 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JC Penney
  • Barbarablw
    Barbarablw Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I have the same problem im a 38F and I found the best bra ever at fredrics of hollywood. the support is awesome and they are very comfortable. Hollywood Exxtreme Cleavage™ Demi Bra
    Item 51985 hope that helps =)
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    34 D here. Although some brands I am considered a DD.

These are supposed to be the best of all. I've never tried one though. My sister in law is a DD and says these are perfect.
    http://www.enell.com/index.php
    But they are expensive.

You might find something here. Although they are on the upper end of price range.
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/medium-high-impact-sports-bras.do?nType=1

It's a tough thing to find a good bra but worth the investigation and worth every penny. It's hard because I don't really know until its past the point of returning if it's a good bra or not. My advice: Make sure you listen to your intuition, I find store fitters/sales people to be generally unhelpful and inaccurate. Buy several when you find a good one. Buy one that is tight around on the first few hooks so that when it stretches you can tighten it more. Maybe you already know all this, but if not I hope it helps. Good luck!
    Robin
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    lol I wish

I am currently busting out of a 32 H and I can't find bras in any shops, I have to buy online. I would LOVE to only be a DD

I recommend Bravissimo,
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about sports bras or something for every day? Either way...let me answer for both.
    Sports: Champion is the best, larger sellection of online. Junonia has great plus sized work out gear.

Regular: Lane Bryant carries up to a 42DDD in the stores, and larger online ( F,G,H).
    Avenue also has great styles sizes in store.
    online-- Bare Necessities has many brands for both every day and sports.. in large sizes.
    Hips & Curves is wonderful for lingerie in general

I hate to say it but if you (or anyone else) is bigger than a D cup Target/Kohls/ Walmart.. Can pretty much be ruled out, especially if you are looking for something cute/ sexy or a specialty item like strapless. You'll have to spend more money, but the quality is better, and your 'girls' will be happier in the long run.

Take it from a ladie wearing a 42G!!
    Best of luck!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    People who don't have large boobs don't understand how frustrating it is to have them. It's difficult and more expensive for bras, they get in the way, etc... it's super frustrating. Thank you to everyone for their comments - I will definitely be looking up your suggestions!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret does have a nice selection of 34DD's and they usually have their Semi-Annual sale I think right after Christmas or early January? Keep your eye out for the sale and GO EARLY. And don't be afraid to rummage in the boxes hidden under the tables. Like, first thing in the morning on the first day. B/c women will do crazy things for a good, cheap bra.

Lane Bryant is no good for a 34 band size. Unfortunately. It's good for the bigger band sizes with big cups, but not 34.

Other than that, check out the department stores - I hear Nordstrom has a really good selection and will get you measured and fitted great too. And there's always online shopping, but that's dangerous b/c sometimes different brands in the same size do not fit the same. Or you order one that looks nice but then it arrives and turns your boobs into pancakes or torpedos instead of a natural shape. LOL
  • karen_rollison
    Options
    I am a girl with larger breasts as well. I find mine at Belk and Lane Bryant. They carry bigger sizes at a reasonable price. Hope that helps.
  • Tialove1
    Options
    You can try Ashley Stewart and Torrid. Also, Sears and JC Penney.
  • PoloPj13
    Options
    I get VS BioFit full coverage! I'm a 38D and they fit nice. I only buy them on sale though. I know they have buy one get one half off. Also, I have a CC there and I get coupons in the mail and online all the time! I LOVE Lane Bryant as well. Hope you find something that make 'the girls' happy!!
  • eliste
    Options
    I am a 36DDD and my absolute favorite bra is the Bali Flower bra. Wonderful support & reasonably priced! It's available online and in stores like JCPenny or Sears. Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Bali-Womens-Flower-Underwire-0180/dp/B000MXB6NA. It comes in practically every size.