Sizes

Options
If someone weighed 260 pounds at a size 20 pants and XL shirt. how much do you think they would have to lose to drop a size?

Replies

• SherriH69
    Options
    My best guess would be 10 pounds. I'm at 208, down from 215, and my pants are definitely looser.

10963224.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • oliviak2012
    Options
    Yeh i thought that too. I was at 260 now I'm at 248. My waist is a lot skinnier and so are my arms. I lose weight in my legs and butt a lot slower than my torso. So I'm thinking maybe I dropped almost a size in shirts but not in pants. The waist on my pants are a little loose though.
  • eliste
    Options
    I always drop shirt sizes before I drop pant sizes. Congrats on loose fitting clothes! :)
  • susans76
    susans76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type and age. I have lost 20 pounds and have gone from an 20 to 16 pants but still a 2x shirt. My bra size has probably shrunk but I do not intend to get new bras until I drop more weight. congrats!
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Pounds have less to do than with what you're doing for excersize. If you're toning you'll drop.
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body type and age. I have lost 20 pounds and have gone from an 20 to 16 pants but still a 2x shirt. My bra size has probably shrunk but I do not intend to get new bras until I drop more weight. congrats!

This!
    It depends on where you carry your weight. I always gain weight in my upper body the most. I lost 20 lbs. and have went from a large/XL to a medium top and went down 2 band sizes and one cup size in my bras.
    My jeans are looser but I am still able to wear the same ones.

I recommend that you take measurements and go by that more than the scale. It's much more motivating!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I think it depends. I've lost 50lbs and dropped 3 pant sizes but only 1 shirt size.
  • rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think it must be about 10 lbs too. But, size wise, my belief is it totally depends on the pants! Have you noticed clothes sizes are all over the spectrum? I'm 188, my size 16 cords from JC Penneys are way looser than same size pants in a different brand, I'm always having to pull them up or wear a belt. The Lane Bryant shape series (it has a yellow square, red triangle, blue circle, I think?) is helpful. My hips are where I like my waistband to fit because my torso is so short my ribs are level with my belly button. Then also, if the same pants were cut at the top of the pile of fabric during manufacturing versus the middle or bottom of the pile also has something to do with how they fit. I realize my response isn't totally on the same topic as your question but I'm so frustrated with sizes! I'd love to buy clothes online but nothing ever fits, even at a store.
  • kimmerkay
    Options
    We are all very different... I haven't dropped enough weight yet to see what will happen with me.. But for 30 pounds I wore the same jeans... Of course that is going up.... Yuck... Can't wait to see what happens the other way.
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    Rule of thumb 10% loss or gain = one clothing size change, so at 260 pounds - drop 26 pounds and you should drop a size.
  • lehrlinger
    lehrlinger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds since i started this journey. I dropped 2 1/2 pants sizes. Tops are trickier. Many times they can still be worn, but fit more loosely. Pant have to fit so many areas of you body, that I've given up on the perfect fit for now. I'll revisit that when I stop losing weight.