What do YOU eat on days when you feel like a bottomless pit?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
Some days I do sooo well because my hunger is normal...It's all good. BUT THEN I have days when I just feel soooooo HUNGRY and it's like NOTHING satisfies me. How do YOU deal with those days?

Replies

• Bunnyfufu87
    Options
    Grapes and lots of them
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    For me I grab protein, be it a tin of kipper snacks, tuna, hemp hearts or seeds, whey powder... when my protein level is "enough" which for me is over 110 grams (goal is 175) but as long as I get the 110 per day I tend to NOT graze like I'm a bottomless pit ;P
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    if im truly hungry then i eat, but if i think to myself how the hell am i still hungry i will drink a 20 ounce bottle of water wait a few minutes and then if im still hungry i eat!!!!!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Water and kettle style popcorn (a little sweet, a little salty - it hits the majority of my cravings).
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta...that is filling! I don't find I want more food afterwards.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I used to have those days a lot. I think it was because I cut wheat out of my diet. Now I am eating wheat again and feel a lot getter for it.

Mostly, if I am hungry, I drink tea.
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    oatmeal or apples
  • marielladear
    Options
    I recently did this! Usually on thrusdays I am just ravenous because I have a busy day and it's almost the weekend and especially when my period is coming, I actually just eat.
    BUT recently I've eaten something healthy like oats, then just stopped and waited for 30 minutes to see if I'm still hungry, then I;ll eat grapes, then stop for 30 minutes, maybe some granola, maybe some popcorn after that... then I find I'm not really in the mood for food anymore :)
  • jshish8
    jshish8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    CHIPOTLE BURRITO FTW!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I normally stick to apples but what I do before I eat I drink a lot of water...but yes APPLES. lol
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Lean meat and nuts.

EDIT: if nothing is satisfying you, it might be because your body is craving something in particular. Perhaps your diet for the day was too low in protein or salt or something?
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I needed meat...I snacked on applesauce and carrots, etc, but I felt better after eating som chicken and veggies.
  • Lovely_Lady234
    Options
    IF i eat...
    FRUIT
    raw veggies
    nuts(nomm!)
    little bit of black chocolate (75%)(also your appetite decreases)

That is real food that will keep you full and satisfied!

Also whole-weat food is very good,because it takes long to digest and makes you feel full.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Lentils!

6921816.png
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I'm truly hungry...volume does nothing for me. So fruit or grains that supposedly "fill you up,"...that just makes matters worse for me. Which is to say, I feel hungrier. So, I eat something that tells my brain that its satisfied. And for me, that is fat. I eat fat...that is not surrounded by carbs, which just increases that bottomless pit feeling. So...bacon if you can tolerate the salt. Or sugar free egg custard. Or a small piece of high quality cheese. Or, a handful of nuts (without any oil or salt...these two things will make you gobble the whole container of nuts). ...and if you're counting calories, if I have a choice between 100 calories of a grain (usually half a cup or less) or an ounce of cheese....I go for the cheese.

Some people are volume people (I know I'm hungry when my stomach is empty) and some people are satiety people (I know I'm hungry when I happen to need whichever macronutrient I need to feel satisfied, which is usually protein or fat). Experiment and see which one you are.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Oat revolution oatmeal usually does the trick, but yo u may also be too low on protein. Try increasing that to see of it helps.
  • brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    apples or popcorn and lots of water.

I used to do oatmeal but i have to put sugar in mine and it way too much. so if you don't need sugar try oatmeal a cup of that can go a long way.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    meat
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Everything in sight. Which is my problem! :-)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I usually try to eat fruit or some kind of veggie and usually when I feel like a bottomless pit is because I'm craving junk food! I usually try to drink lots of water or keep my mind busy. It is hard and I don't keep snacks around (healthy or not). So, I usually do the several small meals a day so I don't starve and gorge myself.