Extreme - Crash Dieting (Less Time - Less Pain)

Options
Have any of you done this? As its the way I lose fat for photoshoot or holiday.

It's not the healthiest way, but its quick.

My trainer and buddy showed me how to do it and I've been doing it ever since. Especailly for my bodybuilding shoots.

Its so much easier knowing that I can eat "sort of freely" then when I need to burn the fat really quickly.

The quicker I do it the less pain of dieting and less of a drag on and on and on.

Replies

• Opheliac_Xx
    Opheliac_Xx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How do you do it? What's the diet / exercise plan? :)
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i would like to know this too! and what you do before/after the crash diet to stay healthy and not gain all the weight back :)
  • AdamMeyer12
    Options
    bump
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    You basically get in a calory defecit and eat protein and veg and do weights 3 times a week.
    Eat really clean. Up good fats and drink 3 litres of water in a nutshell.

But i'm tring to stop going up and down. But its easier this way for me.

What do you do?
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    This site is great for recording calories though. I've never bothered before so I may be able to do it even better on this site. lol
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Ha when you crash diet the weight always comes back so its only short term.
    protein and veg/salad and leave out breads etc.

I have come on this site to try to come down and stay down but when you weight train sometimes its hard to not eat too much .
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    You do what you want Adam.

When w we train in the gym we put weight on then lose water and fat to show muscle so its different.

i'm trying to see what other people do. Thank you.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the HCG diet.... without the HCG.... and the weight gain after, but the low calories and protein / veggie thing.... SO HCG! I think with any low calorie, high protein run, any of us has a high possibility to lose weight. It is the maintenance after that is was is so critical. You had mentioned that you yo~yo your weight though so I am saying nothing you don't already know. I am a bitter sweet HCG dieter, but I am an HCG dieter. It has downfalls that I don't like, but I love the weight I lose on it. I am in round 2 of HCG and so far so good, but it is a very strict way to go and I don't think I, personally , would suggest anybody that I know to do it. If you are not careful, you will gain every ounce back! Trust me, Thanksgiving was not nice to me..... but.... I am back on track, I am getting to my goal weight and I am going to maintain the right way and maintain for life. Good luck to you. :wink:
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Thank you some one else too.
    I just read that HCG diet and it looks to complicated for me.
    Good luck with it
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    Thank you some one else too.
    I just read that HCG diet and it looks to complicated for me.
    Good luck with it
    That is o.k.... like I said, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone anyway.... like I said... I am a bitter sweet HCG dieter. :wink:
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Yeah. We all find our own way.
    I only do it cause it works well for me and its all i know. But it works well.

I never tried slimfast or stuff like that. but never say never.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    Yeah. We all find our own way.
    I only do it cause it works well for me and its all i know. But it works well.

I never tried slimfast or stuff like that. but never say never.
    When I was 20, I did the slim~fast. It was alright if I remember correctly, but I was also working 2 jobs and one was as a server in a restaurant. The slim~fast was great meal replacements and I had to only worry about eating properly 1 meal a day. I remember losing a bunch, but as the years went by, I just put it back on. I use to only eat dinner prior to about a year ago so my doctor said that I was doing nothing more than " dumping " food in my stomach so that was not good at maintaining weight. I think anything outside of just watching our calories and exercising is taking a risk of diet yo~yoing. But, we do it anyway!!!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    How do you do it? What's the diet / exercise plan? :)

the excercies plan is when I am on my mad diet:

Dead lift
    Squats
    Barbell clean & presses
    Bench Press
    Dips
    Pull Ups
    Renegade dumbbell rows
    Cable rows
    Vertical Lift for 4 weeks (3 times a week)

and

Leg extension
    Calf Raise
    Shoulder press
    Pull up
    Lat raise
    Bicep curl
    Triceps extension
    Dips for 2 weeks (3 times a week)

Then after a few weeks when I have off and just do the odd thing in the gym or will do nothing as I dont need to diet for a bit hope that helps.

My diet is a huge calory defecit and not for the fient hearted - when I do it. Saying it the workout isn't very girly either, but they are quick and intense then i get out of the gym quickly.

I have green tea and coffees to.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    doesn't sound effective if you have to keep starting over, huh?

Why not try using MFP and see if that doesn't give lasting results?
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Maybe i should give slimfast a go then.
    I'm so lazy i'd love it
    I try to stay off the carbs so 2 carby milkshakes a day would be my heaven!!!

Ha.

Aslong as I didn't eat all that chicken I love too... He He.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    For those on HCG, just food for thought:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    doesn't sound effective if you have to keep starting over, huh?

Why not try using MFP and see if that doesn't give lasting results?

Ha. You're right!!! I will do.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I follow the Primal Blueprint, which is eating clean, lots of healthy fats, and no grains, legumes, sugars, or high glycemic-index fruits (though fruit is not banned - just the really sugary fruits like pineapple and melon and bananas). I totally love it, and the weight has been melting off so fast.

Primal exercise is great, too... If you want to learn more, check out marksdailyapple.com, or stop by the Primal?Paleo support group here.

:)
    Amy
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Crash diets can work well if done correctly, but one of the problems with crash diets is that the dieter never learns sustainable weight management. A crash dieter can be taught how to maintain when the diet is over, but it rarely happens this way in real life.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Crash diets can work well if done correctly, but one of the problems with crash diets is that the dieter never learns sustainable weight management. A crash dieter can be taught how to maintain when the diet is over, but it rarely happens this way in real life.

That is me to a T. Every time the scale isn't moving I keep thinking if I fast I could lose it... Got to try to do it healthy and change my life. :)