ONE THING

Options

Replies

• susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    The one thing that made the difference for me was realizing that I had been a quitter my entire life. When I got hungry i quit the diet. I remember reading a People Magazine featuring "How they lost Half of their Body Weight" scanning it furiously looking for the "secret". I found it. The secret was they never gave up! Simple as that! I decided to make my own plan, do what works for me and then FOLLOW THROUGH and NEVER GIVE UP until I got to my goal. Sure, I got derailed a few times and backslid here and there but I never gave up! I kept searching for answers that would work for ME! I found them! I am now 3.8 pounds away today and I am so excited to be seeing this through! And what I like most about this being a 4 year journey is that now I know that I must keep up my good habits forever. I can never think I am "done". I will never be fat again! = D
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    persistence
    what he said!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Drinking nothing but water.

Seriously cuts down on 200-500 calories a day.

That change alone (with no added exercise) could lose you 20-50lbs a year.

Boom!!!!...Sexytime.

kiwiburger those are sexy abs for sure!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Will power
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Friends at the gym. I had anxiety attacks daily, same time, every day, until I started going to the gym. It was pure loneliness. Now that I am at the gym daily the attacks are gone because I look forward to seeing those same people. Also my relationships outside the gym are better because I am more positive and energetic!
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Belief that I can do it.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo

:wink:

ahhh....i see what you did there...you're funny! :devil:
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Before I joined MFP I thought I ate reasonably well and couldn't figure out why I couldn't lose weight. Logging everything I eat is what opened my eyes and made me realize just how many extra calories I was eating before. I am going to lump logging food and exercise calories together as the ONE thing that has helped me be successful because they go hand in hand and of course I would have never started logging if it hadn't been for MFP :smile:
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    MFP MFP MFP

Seriously, I would either be rudderless or left scrawling what I'd eaten in a tiny notebook and guesstimating calories. (which I've done and, well, I tend to lose tiny things, notebooks included.)
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Drinking nothing but water.

Seriously cuts down on 200-500 calories a day.

That change alone (with no added exercise) could lose you 20-50lbs a year.

Boom!!!!...Sexytime.

Yes, not drinking my calories.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    dedication
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound awful, but I moved away from home! I moved over a couple provinces, had to restart my pantry/fridge... had to budget for groceries, few friends, less dinners out, got a part-time job at a gym instead of a restaurant, my boyfriend is thousands of miles away... so, starting fresh, definitely. I actually found it quite easy to lose the weight, and now that it's gone for the most part, I think I'll be motivated to maintain once I go home..

HAHA this^^ I moved to a new country, different lifestyle and I'm too broke to eat now!
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    I love that part of MFP!! "If everyday were like today you would weight ______ in 5 weeks!" Love that motivation!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    "If every day were like today, in five weeks you'd weigh 225" The first time I closed out of my MFP diary.

When I read that, I got a thrill, and then I decided to "prove" it was going to be wrong. No way, I thought. Ya Right!, I thought. Let's just see if that's true, I said to myself.

That was 3 years ago, and you see my ticker now :blushing:

Some days, I log in just so I can see that message. Lol
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Procrastination...I exercise, waste time on MFP and plan meals to put off doing school work (law school).
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    commitment
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    CONSISTENCY
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Deciding to do it and not quit.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    MFP.

Agreed :wink:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    We sound like a commercial for MFP. Lol
    Or "Body Breaks With Hal Johnson and Joanne Mcleod"... Participaction!

There's some old school Canadiana for ya.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!