Slim in 6 or Jillian Michaels

Options
Which do you think is better for weight loss? I'm wanting to lose about 20-25 more lbs.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Since weight loss is 80-90% diet anyway - I say go for the workout that you will do most consistantly.
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm doing slim in 6 currently... I'm only about 2-1/2 weeks in and am very pleased. I have only lost 4lbs so far but took a week off during thanksgiving and two additional days off for being sick. But my waist has already lost about an inch.

I tried Jillian Michaels DVDS and hated them. I find her annoying and my knees always hurt after doing the 30 day shred.

Im sure you could loose weight with both but I highly recommend Slim in 6.
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did both. I lost 10lbs and about 18 inches from the 30 day shred, then I did Slim n 6 and lost 4 lbs and 6.25 inches with Slim n 6.
    So now I am back to Jillian Michaels DVD's. I do like the "short" workouts on Slim in 6. They have an abs one and Thin Thighs one that are about 11 minutes each. So I do those on my breaks at work still. Jillian is more high impact (ie jumping jacks, high knees etc) where Slim in 6 is more lunges, squats etc. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want to see progress pics.

Dana
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I prefer Slim in 6, personally. I tried 30DS, and it hurt my knees so much I couldn't even finish the first one (plus Jillian is ANNOYING), but I don't really have any trouble finishing SI6. I'd say if you have had any kind of knee injury, but still want to push your muscular endurance, go with SI6. It's kind of a disadvantage to SI6 that it's so long (every workout is an hour or more), but I guess that's how you get the results. I didn't find that I lost POUNDS as quickly doing Slim in 6 as I would just doing normal cardio, but I definitely found that I lost inches and saw some great improvement in terms of strength and shaping. Basically, I agree with what someone said earlier... what you eat will do more to take off the weight than exercise, and ultimately, you should choose whichever workout you like best and know you will keep doing.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    Slim in 6 i lost 24 lbs and 40 inches with it : )
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like them both but the last workout in SI6 is an hour and all of the 30DS shred workouts are about 25 mins. Jillian is higher impact and uses more weights.
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did the slim in 6 program and lost 23lbs but that was along with following one of the diets that was written in the booklet and it was unsustainable. The workout is great though. I am starting the 30 day shred today so I can't compare the two yet.
  • babyblue1426
    Options
    I recommend No more Trouble Zones from JM. She makes you sweat! it's very aerobic, so you burn lots of calories as well as bulid muscles.

For me is the whole package!
  • frankie10473
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, I need some motivation and I think I will try Jillian Michaels 30 DS.
  • erica82177
    Options
    Slim in 6 i lost 24 lbs and 40 inches with it : )

how many times did you do it to get results like that? i just bought it today cause i read alot of good reviews!