Do You Use Caffeine As An Effective Weightloss Aid?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shredded2011
    Options
    you look great x
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I used oxielite pro as well, along with diet and excersise 5-6 days a week. Gives me a push for excersising because I do not have caffiene in my diet otherwise (no soda or coffee)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I use caffeine to get me out of bed in the morning. The don't make dunkin donut pills so i take it liquid form ;D
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Caffeine solo doesn't do much for me, but when it's stacked with some other goodies, it's the bombay!
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used OEP this summer to kickstart my metabolism during a plateau. I actually went to my pcp and asked her about it. She said to try it! I was on a strict diet and working out 6 days a week, doing insanity. I stopped taking it in September but I just started again for the next 2 weeks so I get a higher calorie burn when working out. I only take 1 pill in the am, not 3 total for the day. I never noticed a huge difference in my weightloss from it, just my calorie burn and back then I was eating my exercise calories back. I am only eating 50% back now...so we will see. I have 3-4 lbs to go before my goal weight and I want to lose it before xmas.
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    I read somewhere that it only works in pill form along side aspirin???
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started taking Women's One-A-Day active metabolism multivitamin every mornign with breakfast when I started on MFP. It has 120mg of Caffeine. I found that it does help me get going in the morning. I used to reach for a soda or coffee drink in the morning and now I rarely grab anything but water in the morning. It may just be all in my head but I find that I am ready to start my day and I am not dragging myself to work anymore. It works for me to start my day more energetic and because I take it in the morning it doesn't affect my sleep at all. I am not sure how effective it is with assisting in the weightloss but I do find that I am more apt to get up out of my desk to go talk with someone instead of just sending an email or calling. At least that little energy boost is allowing me to burn more calories by not sitting on my butt all morning.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    It can help a little, but only if your diet and training are already dialed in. For most people, the anorectic effects surpass the thermogenic effects.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Yes you can use caffeine and other supplements like yohimbe in the right circumstances.
    If you want me to help you with this let me know.
    I do it alot with my bodybuilding and its about timing etc.