I have daddy issues.

Options
So this is gonna be a bit of a frustration post about my *kitten* friend. lol Today i was talking to one of my friends telling her about this guy I've been talking to & she asked how old he is i said..28 fixin to be 29 in march..she goes "are you serious" i said yes, what? & in a snotty tone she goes " you have daddy issues " Now I wanna know how the hell she gets that judgment from?? I am 21 years old! I dated a guy for three years who was only three years older then me..dated one guy who was 30 and i was 20/21..now im getting to know someone & hes only 28. Since when is talking/dating someone whos a tad bit older then you having daddy issues? Im friggin 21 not 11! .its not like he can be my damn dad! It hurt my feelings that she said it to me like im f*cked up in the head. & like i said i dated someone for THREE years who was only three years older then me..this is only my second older man that i've ever been interested in..& since when is 21 & 28 so bad??? ugh just had to get some of my frustration out.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Has your friend shown prior evidence of being a crazy person, or is this an isolated incident?
  • xoAmyxo
    xoAmyxo Posts: 110
    Options
    lol, just this one time.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It was a really odd thing for her to say. It's weird to date someone 7 years older than you? I don't get that at all.
  • xoAmyxo
    xoAmyxo Posts: 110
    Options
    I guess i outta start calling him DADDY! lmfao.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and my ideal guy would be about 38 so I think you are good. all it matters is that you are happy and he treats you right. :love:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    She sounds jealous!
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    my parents are 8 years apart and they have been happily married for 27 years.
  • Lozzielol
    Options
    My parents have 7 years between them. My partner and I have 4. What's the issue? I'd just ignore that comment.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and my fiancee is 40 and our relationship is amazing...she's dumb lol
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I believe she might not understand puberty and at approximately what age it occurs.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Then I must have teenager issues.
  • JeepsMcCreeps
    Options
    My boyfriend is 24, I'm 19. We get this all the time. I love him to pieces and everyone who knows us knows we're pretty damn perfect for each other. Don't listen to that bs.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. Life experiences cause maturity to happen - or not happen. Saying you have Daddy issues based solely on age is actually kinda dumb. You could be with someone younger than you and still have Daddy issues. Tell your friend 'whatever' and let it go. Don't let it hurt your feelings.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ok you're very young (I don't care about the daddy thing) but I'm gonna throw this out there for what it's worth. Life is too short to waste it on ppl who make you feel bad.
    Friends who attack you (you feel attacked, you're defending yourself) or make you feel bad about yourself IN ANY WAY are NOT true friends.
    Dump her & keep the daddy
    That's my advice for life for what's it's worth

Merry Christmas
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 years older than my huband, he doesn't have Mommy issues, i may or may not be a cougar. Go for it! 8 years is nothing. Good luck
  • lizzybee84
    lizzybee84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I married my husband when I was 21 and he was 28. We have been married for 7 years and we have never been happier.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Age is a number, mentality and maturity are proper things to gauge interest on.
    For example, a couple of my favorite people? 33(I think), 42, and 28. I am 26.
    But really?
    Who gives a *kitten*.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    nooooooooooo, call him Papi!!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your friend is jealous that a man who probably has himself established or is on his way there is interested in you. I find *****y things like that always come from a place of jealously. Unless shes just *****y in general.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your friend is jealous that a man who probably has himself established or is on his way there is interested in you. I find *****y things like that always come from a place of jealously. Unless shes just *****y in general.

b*tchy sorry forgot no swearing.