XBOX 360 Kinect?

Options
Ok so.... I don't know if this is correct, but everyone I have seen post something about the XBOX 360 Kinect says that it is justified with low impact aerobics (depending on the game) which in my case is Great Adventures. I found another site: http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm that calculates how many calories I would burn based on my weight and time put into the exercise. So.... for 35 minutes, weighing 230 lbs is said I burned 303 calories... I do not have an HRM, but would love for someone to tell me if this sounds accurate... Thanks :)

Replies

• mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I played that game for fun for like an hour today, I had no idea I could count it as exercise.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    it sounds a little bit high to me but its really hard to tell with a game like that. I'd say log 2/3 of it
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    maybe alittle high - but that game is a calorie burner! i used my HRM on it once and burned awesome calories! you jump around alot and get all sweaty if you're into it
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    maybe alittle high - but that game is a calorie burner! i used my HRM on it once and burned awesome calories! you jump around alot and get all sweaty if you're into it
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Whenever I log my Kinect excercise I just look for a similar Wii game that is listed in MFP's excercise index. Obviously its not an exact count but then again nothing that isn't measured with a HRM is.