I sometimes dont get this whole healthy thing

Options
2»

Replies

• Erdfisch
    Erdfisch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There are such things as <measuring spoons>? :noway: :laugh:

Well then, I take back some things I wrote before. I still :heart: my scale though, as it should prove to be quite hard to fit, say, a slice of bread or a fillet of chicken into an appropriate measuring device.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If you made a recipe be sure you input the number of servings the total of all cooked food was. Then you can log the SERVING. Otherwise mark it as 1 serving and put .33 in the serving box and it will calculate what one third of the recipe was.

500 for just the oil does sound high. Was it for the oil or for all the chicken PLUS oil? Was there other ingredients. I don't think the paragraph came out right.

6 times 2 tsp would be 12 tsp and 720 calories NOT 480 I've found that the math on the preview of nutrient isn't always what the real amount would be. It usually loads up in the diary correct but not sure why that preview link for nutrients doesn't always calculate the servings correctly. Bug maybe I dunno. My bottles of canola(Crisco brand) and olive oil both say the same 120 cal for 1 TABLESPOON even my coconut oil is 120 for tablespoon. Its clearly written out not abbreviated. So not sure why there is an mistake in the totals on here other than them being put in by people who probably don't know the difference between the abbreviations of tsp for teaspoon and TB, tbls or tbl for TABLESPOON. If it has a b its a tablespoon. I think people inputting them put tsp when it should have been TB.