CBA AKA The No Winers ! Yes that Means YOU !!

Options

Replies

• skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What up everyone???? Where the heck are you all? I am doing great on day 3. Beautiful and sunny here in the Yukon and I have been outside most of the day doing yardwork :bigsmile: . Have to do my taxes tonight with the accountant so hopefully will not want a drink after that :explode: ! Hope you are all doing great and not whining lol.

Laura

Laura, wait! You mean I'm not the only person who is doing her taxes this week? Argh!
    Just got home from a kick *** yoga class, really hardcore....350 calories burned!
    My library doesn't have either of the dvd's you all like, so I guess I'll shell out the $$$
    Doing ok, but feeling very edgy...ahem...(DH)

Jen-hope your mom is doing better today, and that you're having a mellow day!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I'm HERE !!!! OMG.... Just got a call from my FIL that he will be coming tomorrow ( surprise ) he hasnt been to our house in over 3 years and HATES where we live ( he's a GREAT guy ) but just does NOT like the country living ! They live 11 hours away and called tonight that they will be here at 4 tomorrow LOL... Ok talk about freaking OUT !!!!!!! LOL.. I'm glad I was busy today cleaning and cleaning ;)

Now my husband is out freaking out trying to do a weeks worth of yard work in an hour :) Ok so it's kind of fun to see him freaking out for once:laugh:

Off to get ready for American Idol ;)

Day 3 into the history books ;) So far so good :)
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Jenn.. sorry to hear about your mom ... I will think ++++ thoughts for you and her .... it's amazing how things happen for a reason :) I'm glad you are there for your mom....... Kind of going through the same thing ( health wise ) with my family right now and it's good to know that I can be there for them ;) .. Hang in there.. you are both in my thoughts.... :flowerforyou:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Not doing well :sad:

Somebody give me a swift kick in the *ss. Some weeks/days are so much easier then others. :explode:

It sounds like the rest of you are doing well though. So proud of you all! :drinker: You inspire me and I WILL DO BETTER! One day at a time, right?

My future son-in-law has 91 days under his belt...that floors me! I'm trying to string two days without together and struggling. Sigh:yawn:

Hopefully next time I report I'll have better news. I'm going to be out of contact for a little over a week so I'm sure going to miss my MFP. Wish me luck! :drinker:
  • wildkat318
    Options
    What? No one to kick me in the *kitten*? Okay then! This was a pretty unsuccessful week as far as the no wine goes but I was VERY happy with the scale this morning when I dropped over a pound. I haven't seen a drop in a while so I'm a happy girl and more motivated then ever to keep on keeping on, I WILL reach my goal. I'm half way there! :drinker:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i was tempted to write in this thread, but i did not feel qualified cause i have been enjoying my wine the last few eves.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    but i have been accounting for all the calories and i am super pleased to announce, like wildkat, i've lost a little more weight this week!
    even thou we enjoy our wine, we can do this!!
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    i was tempted to write in this thread, but i did not feel qualified cause i have been enjoying my wine the last few eves.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    but i have been accounting for all the calories and i am super pleased to announce, like wildkat, i've lost a little more weight this week!
    even thou we enjoy our wine, we can do this!!
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

this sounds like me. I have been enjoying my wine in the evenings too, and staying close to my calories. I just want to limit my wine to one glass a day, and that's where I am struggling. Hopefully next week I can do better. :smile:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

this sounds like me. I have been enjoying my wine in the evenings too, and staying close to my calories. I just want to limit my wine to one glass a day, and that's where I am struggling. Hopefully next week I can do better. :smile:

and this sounds just like me!:wink::wink: :wink:
    1 of my glasses = 200 cal:noway:
    but i like 2 or 3!:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • wildkat318
    Options

I'm with you ladies, if I could keep it to one glass there would not be a problem! Congrats on the weight loss, it's nice to see that we can still enjoy ourselves and reach our goals. It may take us a bit longer but we'll be a lot less grumpy when we get there, right? :blushing:
  • skinnymel
    Options
    hey wildkat, i was too busy drinking wine to kick you in the *kitten* last night!
    the hot water heater exploded and we spent hours trying to drain the thing...and
    when it was all done, i headed straight for a glass of vino, then indian take out.
    i also lost some weight this week-!!!-before the indian food's sodium lent me 3.5 lbs this
    morning! argh!
    my whole family's hair is so crazy today from having no water, a bunch of frightwigs!
    off to home depot for more fun...:noway:
  • OregonGirl80
    Options
    Lol - well at least I'm not the only one! My boyfriend cooked dinner for us the other night and served it with . . . wine! So, I caved and had a glass (or two). Bah, no good. He is taking me to Cinco de Mayo this weekend as well and I'm debating whether I can get away with one overpriced margarita.
  • lyla29
    Options

I'm with you ladies, if I could keep it to one glass there would not be a problem! Congrats on the weight loss, it's nice to see that we can still enjoy ourselves and reach our goals. It may take us a bit longer but we'll be a lot less grumpy when we get there, right? :blushing:

I like your thinking. :happy: I don't gain any weight, but it is slow coming off, partly because I am close to my goal, and also I like to enjoy my nightly wine.:drinker:
  • skinnymel
    Options
    wow! we have an oregon girl AND an oregon lady...have fun at cinco de mayo...
    beware of the salt on that margarita!
    back to waiting for the plumber...oh, and guess what? it's friday! we know what that means!:flowerforyou:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    HI Girls ;) Just checking in ! Well I fell off lastnight and had some WINE ! UGHHHHH and then weighed this morning and was up 3.5 lbs after mexican food and wine lastnight.... GRRRRRRRRRR.... So here's to the trip I just made to Bev Mo for the weekend.... Monday here I come again ! :drinker:
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Mel sorry about your water heater, that would certainly drive me to drink! I forgive you for not kicking me in the *kitten* then! :bigsmile:

Deb so sorry about that damn wagon!!! Enjoy your weekend, Monday will be here soon.

I'm off to San Diego for the week for a business trip and I'm not even going to pretend like I'm not going to be enjoying some vino. So for me...It will have to wait until 5/11/09!! :drinker:
  • lyla29
    Options
    Enjoy your week in San Diego. :drinker:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Happy Sunday to everyone :)

Where is everyone :)

We attended a art and wine festival yesterday, the beer was flowing and then the wine was pouring when we got home :grumble:

Oh well, live and learn :) Small changes.....

I've decided to start the Lean phase over with Chalene Extreme tomorrow which means by June 3rd I'll be starting p90x... I'm ready... time to clean up my act ;)

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    K, today was day one for me again! Arghhh! I totally fell off the wagon and drank wine with MIL, ciders (cuz it was hot out) and a few vodkas over a 4 day period. So I am offically (again) on day 1. My son's big concert for breakdancing is on the 29th so that gives me exactly four weeks to get in shape and look great at the show. It is my short term goal. That means no booze to mess me up.

Wish me luck again, GAWD!

Laura:mad:
  • skinnymel
    Options
    Good Morning everybody! My little runner down below seems to be running backwards!!!
    I am FULLY committed to doing it this week. Did great last week with exercising, but had a lot
    of parties, etc where I just didn't even try watching my alcohol intake.
    Any exercise plans this week anybody?
    Here's to it!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Day one for me as well :) Art and Wine festivals, bbq's and more !

Last night I was drinking my wine, getting my buzz on LOL and I was like am I really enjoying this ? Is this REALLY worth the frustration I feel when I work so hard at working out eating right then ruin it with this. Do I really want this to be the way it is..... something for me to ponder I guess...

So I woke up this morning and luckily didnt gain any weight from Friday... and actually had lost one of the 4 lbs I gained last week when I had lost 5 then gained them all back the next day... water who knows...

So I sat down last night and worked out my plan of working out. I used to get up at 4:40 am and workout but now that my hubby works days, it disrupts him if I do that because the dog gets up etc and he still has another hour sleep. So then I tried working out when he left which was not the same time every day and then that fell apart when on some days I had to stop my workout to take my son to school then come back. Then I tried after I took my son to school and that works out great but for the fact by the time I drop him off, come back, workout and then take a shower it's almost 10:30 am and my day feels shot. The other choice is not working out at all, so I 've chosen this week to try the working out after I drop him off at school.. If I have my DVD, weights and I'm dressed to go ready, that will save some time and then if I get my stuff by the shower, that will save some time too :) We will see how it goes today.. Bottom line, I need to get the workout's in... that being said I am starting the LEAN phase of Chalene Extreme OVER.. so I'll be doing that for the next 4 weeks and then going onto p90x...

I'm ready... I'm done.. and I'm ready to sore ! Remember your mistakes do not define you, they tell you who you're not ! :bigsmile: