KS Guy - New & Optimistic

Options
I just recently began using this application on my mobile phone. It looks as if it would help quite a bit, just keeping track on what you have consumed and workouts, etc. Anyhow, I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs or so, that would put me back at my high school weight or close to it.

If anyone has any suggestions as far as what workouts, cardio, foods to eat or stay away from, or any other tips...they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ricky

Replies

• ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Ricky, Feel free to add me as a friend. The key is to consume less than you burn. That's the basic math but with that being said, I like to combine both strength training which keeps the muscle while you are losing the weight, with cardio which burns calories, alternating days. I try to workout 4-6 times a week. When it comes to diet, it's a good thing to make sure you have lots of protein, at least 30% of your daily diet. Good luck with your new adventure.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    Hello fellow Kansan.
    I have still have some to go before I get to where I think I need to be but feel free to add me.
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend as well. You will find much information here. The key is to keep coming back and logging in every day. Finding supportive people helps. MFP keeps me accountable also. Good Luck!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Don't be optimistic.....it works!!!!!

And you can add me too :smile:
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Don't deny yourself anything or you will fail. This is a life style change not a diet. When you do indulge in something yummy to you, do it in moderation. Try to find healthier replacements (even if it is just lower calorie) for something you crave. I love flour tortillas so I spent the time one day to look at all the tortillas. I now have a tortilla to make a daily wrap for lunch that is 71 calories, high fiber and high protein, and low carb. It is about twice the price of a regular tortilla, but it tastes yummy and I don't let the kids eat my tortillas. Good luck on your life style change.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    In Kansas here as well. :) Everything in moderation... make sure you're not eating too FEW calories (common thing around here... less food does not always equal more weight loss), watch your sodium, drink your water, and eat back those exercise calories. Welcome, and feel free to add me. :)
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey! Rock chalk jhawk!!! I see u live in kck! I grew up in kck now in Olathe...totally sending u FR. You can do this!
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hello Ricky,

Good luck with your goals and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. You cand do this!
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hey Ricky,

I'm stoked to see another guy on here and a fellow Kansan at that. I just added you. I would be glad to offer encouragement or any tips that have helped me.
  • jhawk311
    jhawk311 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments! I definitely feel like I'm on the right track. I've drank so much water the past few days, I think I spend most of the day in the bathroom :) My biggest question right now is, should I be hungry? I have been tracking my calories and haven't went over what was suggested, but I'm not ever really that hungry.
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you are getting in all of your calories and aren't hungry, then that's great!! You are on the right track!