bump for later read...
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    ahhh =] i love this
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing OP! Lots of easy ways to change small things that can add up. :-)
    63. Fall in love
    Falling in love often helps to lose weight. So, if you are single at the moment, do not wait for your body to become picture perfect before actually hitting the dating scene. Start looking already, nothing helps with appetite more than anticipation of your first date and first kiss. And when you find someone you really like, you’ll see how much less you will be thinking about food and how your clothes will become more loose in just a matter of weeks!

I don't believe this one at all. In my last two relationships, one was 2yrs and the other 9months I gained 36lbs!! Most of the 47lbs I've lost is without a man in my life.

^^^This^^^ I never lose weight when I'm falling in love or happy in my relationship. I gain or maintain. The only time I lose when I'm in a relationship is when I wish I wasn't. I know that sounds bad but I have trouble ending bad relationships so I tend to focus on other things.

LOL Yeah, based on personal experience, I have to disagree with that one (or at least disagree that it would work for everybody). I was 'watching what I ate' and working out every night right before I met my husband (boyfriend at the time) - I was 115 when we met. By the time we got married 3 years later I was 130. Before I had a boyfriend I wasn't eating out so much and used my free time to exercise. Once I had someone to spend time going out to eat and watching movies with, I started gaining weight b/c my priorities shifted. LOL (plus to be fair I didn't know anything about calorie counting at the time LOL) Then I gained 7 more lbs between marriage and baby #1, after baby #1 gained an additional 20 pounds before baby #2, and after baby #2 gained yet another 8 lbs before finding MFP and getting back on track.

Being in love can definitely throw you off your game. LOL
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    63. Fall in love
    Falling in love often helps to lose weight. So, if you are single at the moment, do not wait for your body to become picture perfect before actually hitting the dating scene. Start looking already, nothing helps with appetite more than anticipation of your first date and first kiss. And when you find someone you really like, you’ll see how much less you will be thinking about food and how your clothes will become more loose in just a matter of weeks!

I don't believe this one at all. In my last two relationships, one was 2yrs and the other 9months I gained 36lbs!! Most of the 47lbs I've lost is without a man in my life.

I totally agree. I think we lose weight, get in shape and then attract the man. Once we are in the relationship, for some reason we GAIN...I know I always did. It is difficult to watch your diet when you are going out.

Yeah I agree, however, in my current relationship we work out togeather and are more active, so I think I can be possible :-)

Thanks for thinking of sharing this with everyone!!!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for post great stuff...
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This was great, thanks :)

I actually agree with the falling in love post, but I think it's very specific to what type of eater you are. When I'm happy, I forget about food. Indulging in other things more often, like spending time out and about with a partner. If I'm alone, I tend to graze more, and have more moments of depressed/emotional eating.

But the rest of them are totally spot on!
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I also dont agree with No.63 lol half the reason iv got weight to lose is because i fell in love! Thankfully he's very supportive and when i decided to make a change for the better, he got behind me 100%.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    All that and nothing about counting calories
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    66. Have one of your legs eaten by a lion.