ONE THING

Options

Replies

• yogaheart18
    Options
    reading weight loss blogs.

try this one--my friend just started it.

http://weightloss-genie.blogspot.com/
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Determination :bigsmile:
  • Samskor
    Samskor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The one thing that has motivated me is how seriously messed up our concept of a "normal" meal is today. Educating myself on what is right to eat and what is wrong to eat has been the best motivation ever. Cutting out most animal products in favor of micro-nutrients and simple wholesome foods has been the best ever. Not only has my weight improved, but so has my skin and some unattractive skin problems (things like in grown hairs and rashes). I remind myself that our bodies are self healing organisms and that only works when we feed it foods that will support it.

Also the phrase "Eat to live, don't live to eat."
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This may seem strange but my Droid App Market. It's were I found the MFP App and realized it was totally do-able to count my calories and lose weight while still living my life.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This may seem strange but my Droid App Market. It's were I found the MFP App and realized it was totally do-able to count my calories and lose weight while still living my life.

That is the sole reason I got my smart phone, so I could get the MFP app!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Accountability and honesty (on my part)
  • marlaina19
    marlaina19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The realization that when I "cheat" by eating poorly, and not working out, I am only hurting myself. I got tired of SELF-sabotage. I am worth more than I was allowing myself to be. Also someone made a comment months ago something along these lines. "Skinny feels better than food tastes" I'm sure that is not it exactly, but the idea stuck.
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    Checking how many calories a meal is BEFORE I eat it. That way I can still eat it, but I portion it accordinly, and if 1/4 cup is all I can have, then I try REALLY hard to stick with that portion, or decide to eat something that is more filling and less calories. I am still working on this though.......
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    Finding an exercise that I liked...not what someone tells me I should enjoy or like. I like dancing and Zumba is the only exercise I have ever stuck to. Find what YOU will stick to...(for instance, running was something that I couldn't stick to, no matter how much I wanted to)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Vanity.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Self esteem.

I wanted to look the outside the way I felt on the inside.

#teamsexy

5499814.png
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    tracking and planning what I eat

^
  • Lynschell
    Lynschell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Support!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    This quote that I read awhile back! "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." (that and my love of running)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2.0 on PlayStation 3.

There it is. The one thing that worked for me. I no longer rely on it, but it kept me motivated with the stat tracking, PSN Trophies, cumulative calorie burn total, customizable workouts, custom music soundtrack support, etc.. I believe I owe my success to the existence of that game/program.
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Right time, and right people. Finally ready for a change, and having the right people in my corner to do it. My hubby has been WONDERFUL.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    So far it has been my FitBit.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Logging
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    Being held accountable for my calorie intake.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My fiance's participation. Without his support I wouldn't be alive to even try. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!