Friends training for a marathon

Options
Hey! Just looking for some additional MFP friends who are training for a spring marathon. I'm training for the LA Marathon, my first, and would love to share and receive some support!

Replies

• KCarpenter83
    KCarpenter83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm starting training for a half marathon that is in April- training will start in January if you want to add me!
  • jimmyz19
    jimmyz19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am running my first 5K this weekend and I am already considering at least a half marathon. I will be more the happy to give you support, maybe it will be the motivation I need to keep me going, who knows maybe I will do a full someday. Add me if you wish.
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Running my first race (an 8K) this weekend and am going to do a half marathon in March. I would love some supportive running pals
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start training for a half-marathon in April as long as my foot gets cleared this week. (chronic foot injury)...but I am determined to do it!
  • aimstein
    Options
    I'm training for a half in April (and possibly a 10-miler at the end of Janurary). You're more than welcome to add me if you'd like. Good luck on your race!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the safari park half marathon in May :)
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am doing a half in January and plan on attempting a full in April. I am running regularly now but don't plan on starting marathon specific training until after the New Year.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for the goofy challenge. Jan 7th half marathon and jan 8th full marathon. Almost done but have a few races planned for 2012. Looking forward to it.add me if you'd like.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have completed three full marathons and a lot of halfs. :happy:

I will run two more marathons...Boston & the one to qualify for it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I cannot do Boston until 2014 - since it's always the 3rd Monday in April and I work for a CPA. The only excuse that might fly if I miss the final day of tax season would be calling in DEAD. And that might be questionable! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Feel free to add me

BTW- I :heart: :heart: :heart: to run!
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I plan to run my first full in February! Running a half this weekend and will spend the next two months building milage.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I'm training for my first full marathon in Vancouver, BC in May! Feel free to add me :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm training for my first, the OC Marathon!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm training for my first, the OC Marathon!
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am training for the NOLA Marathon in March. Great idea!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Feel free to add me also! I am training for a half in Febrary and enjoying the training so far.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I plan on *actually* training for my upcoming half in March (3/25/12).. I have previously ran 2 half's and a 10 miler but I really didn't train at all for them.. I had run no more than 6 miles in a row prior to them.. My times were sub 2:30 for the half's and I really would like to break into under two hours. I plan on following a real training schedule come January so feel free to add me! =) I also have a dream of completing a full marathon by my wedding next year (11/17/12) but we will see.. one thing at a time. I think last night's episode of BL really inspired me!!! Tough thing is, there aren't many around me. I don't have a lot of travel funds either lol
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I really recommend Hal Higdon's training schedule for the half marathon. You can usually find them for free and they are really really good! I haven't run a full mary yet--but plan to in the next year.
    Good luck to you!
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k this past weekend. I'm hoping to do a half marathon in October. I'd love more "running buddies"!
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am beginning to train for a half marathon in January the race is in May.
    Anyone add me if you want!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just looking for some additional MFP friends who are training for a spring marathon. I'm training for the LA Marathon, my first, and would love to share and receive some support!
    You will d it. Where are you currently at with your weekly mileage?