70th Anniversary of Attack on Pearl Harbor

Options
2»

Replies

• suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.. Tears fill my eyes as I read all these posts... It's very touching and I am so grateful to all those who served and continue to serve. The remains of my grandfathers brother were recently found and returned to us for proper burial.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    The day that will live in infamy....

Lovely post and thank you to all the brave men and women serving for our country. :heart:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great post! A very special thanks to the men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy in this country.

US Army 90-94 19K Desert Storm Veteran

What unit? And thank you, brother!

24th Inf. Div.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I have a lot of family, including my husband, and countless friends who are veterans from OIF, Vietnam and WWII. I am so thankful for all of them.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Great post! A very special thanks to the men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy in this country.

US Army 90-94 19K Desert Storm Veteran

What unit? And thank you, brother!

24th Inf. Div.

4th ID, Armored & 1/82 Cav. HooRah!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Never Forget! Thank You to all the brave men and women who have served their country....
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Great post EEG

And thank you to all the men and women and their families who have and do sacrifice so much. Be it their lives, or years.
    This is a huge thing and it's not lost on me.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My grandfather was stationed at Pearl Harbor in the winter of 1941. His ship was out on manuvers, and was therefore one of the ships spared that day. My mother and grandmother were directly across the street watching it all. They had to flee the city and live in the mountains for a while because they thought the Japanese would flat out invade. They were issued gas masks and other items to prepare for the possiblity of invasion. She missed most of the 5th grade because they closed the schools for the rest of the school year. What she remembers most were the sounds and smells coming from the explosions. And of course as a child she remembers later being out of school and sneaking through barbed wire to get to the beach.

I used to take my mom to school when studied the bombing of Pearl Harbor. At 80 she still remembers the day vividly.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Here Here!! This was a great post and so important to recognize and remember!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    awesome post! our service men will never get the credit they deserve, they were willing to give their lives and many have. we owe them everything! thank you