1,870 Calories daily??

Options
Hi all :)

I am without exercise for a few weeks unless I'm lucky enough to buy Zumba this weekend.

Anyways, I changed my goals on MFP to 0 exercise a week and wanting to lose 47 lbs and 1 lb per week. It recommends I eat 1,870 daily and I'd lose 5 lb by January 5th. How is this even possible?

1,870 calories seems like a lot? Can I cut some out of that number or just trust MFP? I hate that I can't exercise for a while! (Wish me luck on getting Zumba this weekend!)

Thanks for any advice.

-KK

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'd say stick with it. I was able to eat that without exercise when I first started.
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You don't have to starve or eat very little to lose weight :flowerforyou: enjoy the calories!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It's not that much! Believe me you can do it! Enjoy!
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Is it something physical that's stopping you from exercising until you get Zumba?

There's a ton of great exercises you can do for free at home with no equipment while you're waiting to get Zumba.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    It's not that much for most... but your PCOS may dictate that you change your macros to increase protein and lower carbs.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1800 daily, which MFP says should make me gain 1/3rd lb. a week. I do P90X with heavy weights and some cardio, and I'm still losing, so Yes, it's very very possible.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Why can't you exercise?
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I try to net around 1800 every day. It works great for me because it's a LOT of food to eat if you are choosing healthier options. You should try it and see what works best for you.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Personally I gain weight on what the site recommends for me. But I think I'm kind of a rare case due to my fat/muscle weight % difference. I would say trust what the site says, give it two weeks, and if you aren't losing at all (or gain) then adjust your calorie settings accordingly. :)
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'd say stick with it. I was able to eat that without exercise when I first started.

Did you lose?
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can walk for an hour everyday, it's easy and free! No need to spend money on Zumba....
  • kk0223
    Options
    Is it something physical that's stopping you from exercising until you get Zumba?

There's a ton of great exercises you can do for free at home with no equipment while you're waiting to get Zumba.

Nothing physical. Just moved into my Grandparents house and we're in the process of building my room on. So, EVERYTHING is in storage. No dvd's, dvd player, tv etc. I am use to walking and doing Zumba but its freezing right now and Zumba isn't an option at the moment.
  • kk0223
    Options
    Why can't you exercise?

I technically CAN exercise but don't have access to exercise videos and its freezing right now to go out walking. Plus, my walking buddy isn't able to walk right now and I won't walk in our usual area without her cause it's dark by 5 here. Also, I don't live on a road that I can walk on.
  • kk0223
    Options
    Personally I gain weight on what the site recommends for me. But I think I'm kind of a rare case due to my fat/muscle weight % difference. I would say trust what the site says, give it two weeks, and if you aren't losing at all (or gain) then adjust your calorie settings accordingly. :)

Sounds good. Thanks :)
  • kk0223
    Options
    You can walk for an hour everyday, it's easy and free! No need to spend money on Zumba....

I walk and Zumba. I LOVE Zumba! Gotta Zumba! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1lb a week = a deficit of 500 calories a day. So MFP is estimating that it'd take 2370 to maintain your weight. Sounds right to me.
  • kk0223
    Options
    And for the record, I'm not trying to make excuses! lol I want to exercise. I can tell a difference since I haven't in a week. :( I'm sleepier and just feel blah.

I am hoping to get Zumba this weekend and all of this will be solved. But, in the mean time I am not going to exercise until I can pick up on my normal routine.
  • kk0223
    Options
    1lb a week = a deficit of 500 calories a day. So MFP is estimating that it'd take 2370 to maintain your weight.

Oooh, okay! So, they are already taking 500 from what I need to maintain. Awesome. That makes so much sense. So, around 1800 should be good if it starts making a difference in a couple weeks?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    With PCOS and a lot to lose, I might suggest a higher deficit. Why not up your goal to 2 lbs/week and see what happens.