2»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'll be running my 2nd marathon the beginning of may
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Best of luck!! I just crossed the finish line of the California International Marathon on Sunday, and it was pretty dang awesome. I'm taking a month off and starting Ironman training for a June race. Happy to follow along with you!
  • alparker2
    alparker2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am training for my first marathon in AZ on Feb 20!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Training for my first full (started training this week) for my marathon in April! :)

I'm using Hal Higdon's Novice 2 plan, and my marathon is in Charlottesville, VA on April 7!
  • lthacks
    Options
    I'm training for my second half marathon - Atlantic City's April Fool's Half Marathon! I did my first one in October, so I'm hoping to be able to run more of this one!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just looking for some additional MFP friends who are training for a spring marathon. I'm training for the LA Marathon, my first, and would love to share and receive some support!

See you at the starting line! This will be my 5th time running LA, including that rainy mess last year.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered....in order to run a marathon, do you actually have to RUN the entire 26 miles? Or do most people run/walk it?
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You aren't required to run the entire 26.2 miles, but I'm sure most of us hope to. My tentative plan is to walk at every third water station (they are every mile in LA) after about the halfway point. At both my half's I haven't walked at all and have run as many as 15 miles with no walking. I'd like to someday run a full with no walking, but for my first I'd just like to finish in one piece.
  • Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first half this coming March- haven't decided if it is going to be the local one or going to New Orleans for one. I've run several 5Ks and working my way up as well as adventure races. I would love to have some other runners as friends on here- anyone is welcomed to add me.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered....in order to run a marathon, do you actually have to RUN the entire 26 miles? Or do most people run/walk it?

Personally, my goal is to always run the whole thing. I find it too hard to get started once I stop. I try not to walk water stops (unless it is a crazy hot day and I need extra water or something). Bottom line, if you see me walking, then something is going wrong.

But that's just my deal.

That said, I have a friend who is pretty fast - 3:20 marathoner. He walks for 30 seconds after each mile, he likes the change in muscle groups.
  • juls262
    Options
    I ran my first full last May... it was brutal, but I am signed up for another! I would to have some MFP friends to stay motivated! Partly why I'm on this site in the first place. Hoping this go around goes much much better!