Options
Hi,

I'm Lisa. Thanks to my heredity, I'm a good candidate for diabetes, and I know losing weight will help with this condition, as well as self-esteem, etc.

I've been reading some of the tips and will be putting them to practice.
Question: Does coffee/tea go towards water consumption?

Lisa

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa. I too am a good candidate for diabetes. I also agree that losing the weight is important both to avoid the diabetes and to boost your self esteem. I have been doing a kickboxing video a lot lately. It features 3 skinny girls in sports bras and tight pants. Every day, I try to visualize myself in their position. I see myself not as the fat girl I once was, but as the fit girl I am becoming. This visualization technique helps me stay motivated throughout the day.

As far as the coffee/tea goes, I have read many conflicting reports on this. Here is one that I tend to agree with:

No, the water you drink in tea and coffee doesn't count. The caffeine acts as a diuretic which means your hot drink takes more than its volume of water with it when it leaves your body. Herbal teas are the only exception. For every cup of coffee or tea you drink, you should have an additional cup of water. For every alcoholic drink you have, drink an extra two cups of water.

If you want to read more, just ask the question on google. There are many, many reports out there.

Have a great day & good luck with your weight lose journey!
    Kathy
  • MohamedSellamia
    MohamedSellamia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m type 1. Cut my insulin by 70% following low carb diet prescribed by Dr. Richard Bernstein. It should help u if you are prediabetic/type 2 (to lose weight and reverse type 2 diabetes)