President's Challenge

Options
CrystalT
CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
Anyone else doing the President's Challenge this round? I just joined this morning. It started yesterday, so I'm already a day behind! Just wondered if there was anyone else out there.

Replies

• CrystalT
    Options
    Anyone else doing the President's Challenge this round? I just joined this morning. It started yesterday, so I'm already a day behind! Just wondered if there was anyone else out there.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Enlighten me, Havent heard of tghis one yet?
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Here's the website for it:

http://www.presidentschallenge.org/
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Enlighten me, Havent heard of tghis one yet?

It is a fitness challenge issued from the US President's office. They have participation certificates with President Obama's signature and everything! They basic level for adults 30 minutes of activity for 5 days a week. The website has ways to track your activities. It is an 8 week program. They have patches and medals and other awards for meeting the goals.

I've never actually done it before so I'm still about it learning, too. The website will explain much better. Here's a link to the site: https://www.presidentschallenge.org/.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will most definetaly look into that
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I just signed up - meant to do it yesterday and forgot.

Everyone age 6 and over is invited and encouraged to rise to the challenge. Walk Kansas provided a great start with eight weeks of regular physical activity. The President’s Challenge can offer an incentive for you to keep going for eight more weeks.
    How can you participate? Register and log your activity at www.presidentschallenge.org. Then, be active at least five days a week between May 1 and July 24 – it’s simple. The same guidelines for Walk Kansas activities apply to this program. The recommendation for those 18 and over is 150 minutes per week, or 30 minutes a day for five days each week. If you are age 6–17, the activity recommendation is an hour per day.
    You can join as an individual or as a group, and there is no charge for participation. You can get your school involved and compete with other schools, participate with your employer, gather a group from church, challenge your friends or just pledge to stay active. Check the Web site for more details.
    Let’s show other states that Kansans are active! The governor of the state with the highest percentage will be declared the national winner, with recognition given to the top five participating states.
  • richelle_ross
    richelle_ross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I love motivation like this!!! This will go well with the Daily challenges that Bob Harper (biggest loser) does on his site!
    I've just started on this site but i've lost 2 lbs in the last week!

201961.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CrystalT
    Options
    I created a MyFitnessPal.com group on the President's Challenge website. The info is below. If you are doing the challenge, please join my group. We can compare our progess and help encourage each other.

Group ID Number: 82334
    Group Name: MyFitnessPal.com
  • richelle_ross
    Options
    awesome! i'm in!
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Hey Richelle! Thanks for joining!!
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    I am in...... Have done over an hour each day! We did this President's Challange in Elementary School. Ihated it then.... guess that's why I was the fat kid.
  • msh0530
    Options
    OK, I joined the group! Good luck to all! Mary
  • msh0530
    Options
    So I see there are only five of us who joined. How is everyone doing? I'm 25% of the way to a bronze. Happy Wednesday! Mary
  • richelle_ross
    Options
    I've been doing ok. I just forget to update everyday. I'm doing work full time and school m-f at night..so i get a bit forgetful!
  • richelle_ross
    Options
    I just added all my activity that i log on mfp to presidents challenge and i'm 61% of the way to bronze!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Cool!
  • mommybug77
    mommybug77 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just joined.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Welcome!
  • msh0530
    Options
    So how are you all doing now? I am 53% of the way to a bronze!