looking for an alli buddy....

Options
to inspire, motivate and lose the weight. I am new to this website but have been on this diet since the 27th April so yes a proper newbie here.

I live in South Wales, U.K, I want to get fit by May 2010 (my 40th birthday)

I started these pills last week and no I haven't had any treatment effects but would like help with the plan. I don't know anything about counting calories and fat grams but I do love my food (who doesn't?!) :laugh: so far I am below my calorie intake and I can't get enough fat in my meals, I only know how to cook low calorie.

Also, I need a bit of motivation re fitness. I have a wii fit which is collecting dust and I have beautiful areas to do plenty of walking but I seriously lack motivation.

Please help :ohwell:

Replies

• Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    to inspire, motivate and lose the weight. I am new to this website but have been on this diet since the 27th April so yes a proper newbie here.

I live in South Wales, U.K, I want to get fit by May 2010 (my 40th birthday)

I started these pills last week and no I haven't had any treatment effects but would like help with the plan. I don't know anything about counting calories and fat grams but I do love my food (who doesn't?!) :laugh: so far I am below my calorie intake and I can't get enough fat in my meals, I only know how to cook low calorie.

Also, I need a bit of motivation re fitness. I have a wii fit which is collecting dust and I have beautiful areas to do plenty of walking but I seriously lack motivation.

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no pills allowed

this is a fitness and health site not a gimmick site

throw away the pills

dust off the wii

exercise alot

eat good food
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with dave pills are a temporay fix at best besides it feels real good knowing you did it on your own.
    I used to suffer from the lack of motivation actually I think we all did but once you start you'll amaze yourself.
    As for a plan this site is great it really makes you take a look at what you eat I've learned alot and the support here is wonderful.good luck:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    I agree stay away from these diet pills apart from the price they have horrendous side effects, go with the normal approach stick within your calories and exercise regularly, you will see results eventually:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else said on here. I took hydroxycut when I was 20 years old and all they did for me was make me jittery, make my heart race, and the 20 pounds I lost within 3 weeks (the time I took the pills) I gained back and then some after going off the pills. I haven't taken any diet pills since.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    no pills allowed

this is a fitness and health site not a gimmick site

throw away the pills

dust off the wii

exercise alot

eat good food
    thats what im talking about !!!!!!
    theres another recall now of these pills
  • eriny
    Options
    laura please go to the dr asap the just recalled hydroxycut it causes liver damage and reported death its on yahoo and news this morning
  • eriny
    Options
    and laura congrats on the weight lost so far :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    laura please go to the dr asap the just recalled hydroxycut it causes liver damage and reported death its on yahoo and news this morning

Why does she need to go to the Dr now? She took them when she was 20. I think she'd know by now if she had jaundice and the other symptoms.

Anyway, unfortunately weightloss should be done the old fashioned way. I would LOVE for a quick fix but they don't work. :grumble:
  • eriny
    Options
    better safe then sorry never know :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck to you :flowerforyou:

but please, ditch the pills, you SO don't need them!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Why does she need to go to the Dr now? She took them when she was 20. I think she'd know by now if she had jaundice and the other symptoms.

Anyway, unfortunately weightloss should be done the old fashioned way. I would LOVE for a quick fix but they don't work. :grumble:

never too late to check with your doctor. You could have liver damage and not even know, right?
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    I think I really started something here, so sorry to get everybodies back up about alli but I have been studying the alli website in the U.S for sometime now and couldn't wait for them to arrive here in the U.K (my chemist got bored with me asking every other month lol)

I have been on them a week and so far so good... why are you all against them? They were approved by the fda and they are raving about them here in the U.K.

Sorry if I got on the wrong side of you all, will get my coat......:embarassed:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hiya Helen :happy:

Don't let the tone of the unwelcome put you off from staying. This is a really helpful site and the advice is excellent.

Many of us who have failed at diets in the past have tried quick fixes, but they don't work and some of the pills are really risky.

You know what to do, it's not believing you can do it that's the problem. That's where I was until very recently. There are some really excellent books which can help you get in the right frame of mind. Overcoming weight problems and the Beck diet solution (both on Amazon) are examples. Also, do use the tools on the site. By having a set target to aim for that isn't unrealistically low, you are more likely to succeed.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think I really started something here, so sorry to get everybodies back up about alli but I have been studying the alli website in the U.S for sometime now and couldn't wait for them to arrive here in the U.K (my chemist got bored with me asking every other month lol)

I have been on them a week and so far so good... why are you all against them? They were approved by the fda and they are raving about them here in the U.K.

Sorry if I got on the wrong side of you all, will get my coat......:embarassed:

Lol, don't get your coat... you are very welcome here, and everyone means well. Do what you think is best for you, but I agree with what everyone has said here... you don't need the pills at all. There is no miracle pill that diet and exercise cannot match, and generally this website advocates clean eating as the solution to weight problems.

Good luck in your weight loss!
  • lorro
    Options
    Sorry Helen, I missed the name of your pill. There are so many pills out there that do not fall under the remit of the FDA and contain harmful substances.

Alli is not an quick fix. It contains Orlistat which is a medicine which has been prescribed by docors in the UK for years and has been proven safe and effective in clinical trials.

Helen ,the problem, as I understand it, is that many people don't like the side effects, not because they are dangerous but because they are unpleasant.

I hope it works for you :smile: If it doesn't, there are plenty of other ways that will
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I almost forgot.... this might be of interest, I believe you can still join :happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50342-wii-fit-challange
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Sorry Helen, I missed the name of your pill. There are so many pills out there that do not fall under the remit of the FDA and contain harmful substances.

Alli is not an quick fix. It contains Orlistat which is a medicine which has been prescribed by docors in the UK for years and has been proven safe and effective in clinical trials.

Helen ,the problem, as I understand it, is that many people don't like the side effects, not because they are dangerous but because they are unpleasant.

I hope it works for you :smile: If it doesn't, there are plenty of other ways that will

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    My doctor knows my body better than I do lol he prescribed me tablets to give up smoking and I am still here 14 months later still not smoking thanks to those pills. I know there are some pretty nasty stuff out there which is why I take alli because I have done my research. Haven't pooped me pants yet lol

I know Dave and others don't want me discussing this, I can feel the daggers shoot through so I will just end it here and thank almost everybody for the welcome. Oh and to the person with the wii fit link, thank you, I shall look into that tomorrow and get cracking :bigsmile:
  • lorro
    Options
    I am replying as a Lorro, as I'm sure Helen knows :bigsmile: .

Orlistat clinical trials review:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10551441?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=4&log$=relatedreviews&logdbfrom=pubmed

I was prescribed it by my Dr. a few years ago, but didn't like taking it and stopped after a week.