Anyone over 40?????

Options
Hi!! I have been on a weight loss journey for about a year now...started at 306 pounds. My daughter and I decided to do WW which worked out great for me. Lost 50 pounds using the Points Plus and hit a plateau. So my daughter found this site and she has been doing great and since I have at least 100 pounds till my goal, I have nothing to lose. So if you need encouragement like I do then feel free to add me!! Good luck to everyone!!

Mary Anne :)

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary Anne, welcome! This is a wonderful site, you'll get a lot of tips and the people are awesome! I'm 41 1/2. Feel free to add me if you like...
  • mattash2620
    Options
    i Maryanne...im new to this too....im 46 and need all the support i can get!
  • lisadirks
    Options
    Yes, I am over 40 and trying to lose weight and finish school at the same time. I know your struggle. Good for you losing 50 pounds that is awesome. I know it is hard when you hit a plateau. Keep working on it.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us over 40! I am 58. The oldest I have noticed was74! Welcome.
  • Katie3laine
    Options
    Yes, way over! I'm 64 and have been overweight long enough. Time to get serious.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    we are all on the same boat. lol
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    hi, I started a group called 40 And Fabulous please join us!!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am 43, and really enjoy this site- there are alot of good ideas here and if you have good friends on your list, it is actually fun!!

Also they will know when you are slacking!!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, I'll send a friend request, I love new friends on here!
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    41, mother of 4, work nights, always looking for more support! Enjoy all the site has to offer and continue to do a great job!
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40..... I'm loving this site, been on it almost a month now, I will add you because I am always looking for new friends.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi MaryAnne!!!
    Welcome to MFP....this is truely a great place to be!!!
    I am 43 & have been here for almost a year now....love it!!!
    I'm on here everyday....if you are looking for friends feel free to add me :)
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 for a few more days! Feel free to add me. And congrats on your loss!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I'm 42 & have been on here almost a year. I've lost 38 lbs. so far. Feel free to add me if you want close in age friends! I am also a 1969 girl! There are lots of over 40's on here.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    im 44 and proud of it never hide behind your age
  • johnvindm
    Options
    Hi, I just noticed the link at another web I am using for motivation to exercise! I am 46 and on my way to 50. I want to be in better health then my family member at/over that age so I really want to get control again.I just spotted this web and decided to give it a shot also I hope that if this works for me I can motivate my daughters to try!
  • 4realnowcw
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 44 and feel that "mid-life" is the best time for me now to commit to losing weight - -- -as my saying goes - "Now or Never". I'm fairly new to MFP - but am doing great so far - - - I love the support and knowing that I'm not the only one in the world on this journey - feel free to friend me. Take Care
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and relatively new to MFP. I have been on for about a month and really like it. I have lost 7 lbs on my journey to lose 60. I would love some new friends, so feel free to add me too!
  • Bigwrick
    Options
    How about 52?
  • ShinyThing
    ShinyThing Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old. Just starting to exercise. I have about 60 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight according to the BMI chart. I've not been at or below that since high school in the 80's. Scared to commit to a long term solution to a lifetime problem. One step and day at a time, huh?