Share your worst first dates with MFP

Options
PBJunky
PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
We all have them, those silent and awkward moments when meeting someone for that very first date.

So starting off, I met this cute girl in Edgars back in 2006, after a lot of debate with my older brother I finally scraped enough courage together to walk over and ask her out for coffee. That evening I picked her up and while waiting for her in the living room her dad came around asking a few questions regarding the safety of his daughter, feeling like an interrogation the nerves just got the better of me and in a split second I could see the room darken, fainting and hitting my head against the coffee table...I remember waking up with a concussion and her dad with his fingers in my mouth thinking I had a stroke and preventing me from swallowing my tongue.

Worst night of my life, but at least she will remember me...even as the guy that fainted in her living room while being interrogated by her dad.

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My worst first date was, my first date! Just an awkward cinema trip on the last day of the school year with one of the boys I'd met at the school disco the week before... loads of us went down...there was that cheesey old stretch and arm round the neck trick.... No kiss. No nothing else. Didn't hear from him again. I was 13. Meh! Had some great ones to make up for it!
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i thought it was a friendly drink...he thought it was a date. made it clear i wasn't interested... he told me he had cancer to get me to make out with him...
  • MissMizzy
    Options
    It was my first date with this guy that my friend set me up with, and we decided that I'd just head over to his place to meet up with him and watch a movie with him and his roommates, because we had been talking online and flirting a bunch, and felt comfortable not going out and doing something to impress each other. I called him before I left my house to meet him at his, to make sure we were all set to hang out, and he said yeah, head on over! I went over, which ended up being a thirty minute drive, because I got lost...and called him to say I was there, because I didn't know which apartment number he was in. Apparently, he was still a twenty minute bike ride away. He hadn't left his other friend's house yet, even though it was already fifteen minutes after we were supposed to be on our date. He finally got there, after I was sitting in my car forever, and proceeded to act like nothing happened. The rest of the night was just kind of awkward...especially when he asked me if I'd give him head before we even kissed O.o needless to say, I went home right away after that!
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We all have them, those silent and awkward moments when meeting someone for that very first date.

So starting off, I met this cute girl in Edgars back in 2006, after a lot of debate with my older brother I finally scraped enough courage together to walk over and ask her out for coffee. That evening I picked her up and while waiting for her in the living room her dad came around asking a few questions regarding the safety of his daughter, feeling like an interrogation the nerves just got the better of me and in a split second I could see the room darken, fainting and hitting my head against the coffee table...I remember waking up with a concussion and her dad with his fingers in my mouth thinking I had a stroke and preventing me from swallowing my tongue.

Worst night of my life, but at least she will remember me...even as the guy that fainted in her living room while being interrogated by her dad.

Lol that's hilarious!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've had a few but my mate had a shocker last night. The guy said he'd take her for a meal so she ate little all day...and my friend loves her food! I got a text last night saying he wasn't taking her for food and they stood in the bar...drinking on an empty stomach. She then sent me a message saying she'd left and was on her way to the kebab shop to get a chicken kebab and cheesy chips...in order to sober up! lol.

I've had too many to point out just one!!!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Eeeh my god, this has to be the worst one I've had!

So I goes out on a date a few years ago with this lad who was training to be a gas engineer. He told me he had quit smoking.....and seemed nice, but don't they all?!

Meets him in town, he's on his best behaviour for the FIRST bar! Gets to the second bar, he decides to slobber on my face in an attempt to kiss me - NICE!!! As soon as we gets out, I think...this just isn't gonna pan out well tonight lol He then lights up, starts smoking his head off and we goes to the next bar. He's throwing drinks down his neck, trying to feel me up and by this point, I'm thinking...get away from me! But, it turns out it's my round, so he goes to the bar, gets the drinks in with my money, gets himself a double and keeps my change! I then make my excuses to call it a night and he goes, " Where do you live, we'll jump in a taxi back to yours!". I said, "You're not coming back, you're going back to your mam's sunshine!". To which is he stood there, in the middle of the city centre, with his arms crossed like a 5 year old, face twisting saying,"You can't do this to a man Sarah!" What a knobhead hahahahahaha

I walked home as I lived in the centre, rang my mate and laughed my head off about the ordeal that was my date!!! Eeeh god, makes me laugh now...the date was hell at the time!!!!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    On the first date he bluntly said "I know you're a virgin but if this isn't going anywhere sexually by the end of the summer, then we should just be friends." I said to him "Um, you can keep your friendship, thanks for dinner- but this is going no where."
    I was 17, it was my first 'real' date, and I was mortified. I didn't attempt dating again for a while after that one.
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options

this made my day. I realy had laugh out loud. That is the best. Really
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Nice!! Glad to know girls are not the only ones who have bad first dates. Kinda funny you mention the interogation thing though...my dad was famous for that being a police officer. Made for some embarassing moments I tell you!

My worst first date was a blind date that got forced on me by a friend who was trying to land the guys friend. He thought he was the bomb because he drove a porsche. But, he was a complete arrogant fool. He took me down to the beach and started singing to me. It was like a scene out of American Idol Tryouts where you have someone who thinks they sing well and really don't! He tried to make a move on me and I let him know I was not interested. He got pissy and landed up taking me home. It was a nightmare!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I remember one date where the guy turned up at the cafe (1st date, just for coffee) and without preamble slid a keycard across the table. Yes folks, he had indeed booked a hotel room for the afternoon. This was the first time we'd met!!!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    My worst first date story....

i'm out drinking and dancing with my mum and sister and towards the evening get chatted up and agree to a date the next day. I show up the next day, early evening, semi local pub and in he walks...OMG I must have been drunker than i thought, not my type at all, shorter than me, hair like the hair bear bunch...ok, I can get thru this single date. Just never see him again...simple. Oh I wish!!

He sits down, notices I smoke and launches in to a lecture...I put my ciggies away thinking "just get thru this date"

We chat for a few minutes (yawn - bowls are not my thing but I try to appear interested). He then asks me what I want to drink - "Vodka & Lime" is my reply. Off he goes and comes back with an orange juice - and tells me he doesn't think women should drink in public. I'm thinking "WHAT?? If I didn't drink you wouldn't have got this bloomin' date, mate!"

I'm mega miffed so decide to hell with it, I'm smoking, reach under the table for my bag and spot the clincher....He wears shoes with no socks (dont ask me why but Im almost phobic about it) I grab my bag and excuse myself to the toilets thinking there has got to be a back way out - no luck so I make off via the toilet window!

I've since thought that maybe he thought "no way, not my type" and set out to put me off but whatever - LUCKY ESCAPE I reckon.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I met this dude from Match. For all appearances it was a nice place. He didn't want to EAT!!! He was only willing to buy me a drink, and told the server, "No, we won't be eating." I was like WTF MOFO! I'm HUNGRAY!!!!! Then he was testing the waters and trying to see if I was a slutty girl!!! THE NERVE!!! You want a slut FEED HER GOOD!! <j/k!!!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I haven't written up my worst first date but if you remember the movie "blind date" with Bruce Willis and kim basinger, it was just like that

I did write up my second worst date and it's in my blog. All 100% true. (yes we're still friends 4 years later)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    ...I remember waking up with a concussion and her dad with his fingers in my mouth thinking I had a stroke and preventing me from swallowing my tongue.

Absolutely hilarious! And so cute!! hahah

I don't think I've had any worst first dates... I've only had 2 boyfriends (since age 15) and with the first one we didn't really go on dates... I was 15, so we hung out and got to know eachother before. Anyway, we didn't work out in the long run.

My second boyfriend, whom I'm still happily with now, took me on a date June 29th, 2006 (when I was 20) to have dinner with him at the Cheesecake factory. It was a rainy evening, which was even better. :) Went to see The Break Up with Jen Aniston/Vince Vaughn... on our first date.. TOTALLY awkward but oh so hilarious!

So that's my first true date I'd have to say. Nothing embarassing happened apart from me almost choking on my meal from laughing at his jokes and stories!

Your story however is awesome!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never been on a truly bad date. The worst date I can think of was with a guy who wanted me to decide everything, including what HE should order for dinner. That was a turnoff, but that's pretty tame, as far as bad dates go.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    I met this dude from Match. For all appearances it was a nice place. He didn't want to EAT!!! He was only willing to buy me a drink, and told the server, "No, we won't be eating." I was like WTF MOFO! I'm HUNGRAY!!!!! Then he was testing the waters and trying to see if I was a slutty girl!!! THE NERVE!!! You want a slut FEED HER GOOD!! <j/k!!!

lmao! only cause i've been there....
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That story just made my day!

I'm sure I will have plenty of stories soon, don't think I will be fainting though, LOL.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The rest of the night was just kind of awkward...especially when he asked me if I'd give him head before we even kissed

well, that's a bit rude don't you think?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I used to sale event rooms for a hotel chain when I was in college. There was this clean cut, good looking, young professional dude that stayed there about once every two weeks. You know, the whole package. haha He would pop into my office and we would chat. He seemed like a nice guy and my GM kept encouraging me to ask him out. So, I finally did it and I asked him out to dinner. He accepted and after my shift we went to a place one of my friends worked. Sat in her section so she would serve us alcohol because I wasnt old enough to drink yet. ha Anyways, it was going pretty well when he just lets the douche all out. Starts saying things like "Ive been trying to get in your pants for months now, do you think I want to small talk anymore? Why dont we just put that hotel room to good use. It totally shocked me! He kept slamming more and more drinks back and getting more obnoxious. I kept trying to redirect the conversation. Why I didnt walk out is beyond me but I was young and stupid. I drove him back to the hotel and he tried to get all handsy. I reached across him and opened his door and practically shoved him out. haha He never ever came back which I was relieved about. Im hoping he felt somehow bad about it but Im betting he didnt.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord..I met this guy at a wedding I was in and we talked then later decided to go out on a date the next weekend..WELL we are sitting at the bar talking and I can see he keeps looking past me ans smiling so I turn my head to see this beautiful long hairded blonde sitting there..I asked " Do you know her" His response was NO not yet but she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.... UUmm OK so Im thinking he is an *kitten* since I WAS HIS DATE..anyway I went to the bathroom and when I came back he was sitting next to her talking..

I was so pissed that I called my girlfriends to come get me..when they walked in he was still with the other blonde so they decided to stay we drank for hours ALL ON HIS TAB ! he had no idea . needless to say it was the last time I saw him and Im sure his bar bill was SUPER expensive !!