How do you.. secret exercise?

Options
I am not talking full-on exercising, but more like secret little bits of exercise throughout the day.

On Black Friday I wore ankle weights while shopping. It was amazing. That night my calves hurt so bad (but felt so good) and when I took the weights off, my ankles look amazing. I am thinking I should start wearing them to work daily.

I have to go up a flight of stairs from my garage to my living room when I get home. So I went up and down the stairs about 6 times.

I have a foot bike (under the desk bike thing) I use at work. Generally, I have to make the resistance super tight to feel the burn. And my cube mate laughs at the squeaky noises the bike makes, but it works.

My worst one - I do kegals and calf/heel raises in line at Wal-Mart or the grocery store. Heck, who am I fooling - I am doing kegals right now while I type this!!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Depending on how awake/tired I am, I sometimes dance around in the bathroom while drying my hair. Sometimes I do squats as well. I'll have to try the ankle weight thing... but I've always had very strong legs, afterall, they've had to carry me at my heaviest! :)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I only do that when I have to.

I sneak in resistance at work or waiting for a plane at the airport by walking, doing push-ups, sit-ups, dips or whatever here and there in isolated places when and where I can. I have never worked a full day in any office or waited 2 hours for a plane where I could not find a way to incorporate a full body workout into the mix.

And at night in the hotel, I put the bed mattress on the floor, play music or watch TV as I jog in place. I also do that in my office while on a conference call. In staff meetings I tighten my ab muscles to burn every 10 minutes.

I could go on, and believe me, there is more, but you're getting the idea. GO FOR IT!
  • deehoney1
    Options
    LOL i love this, TMI but everytime i go to the private (thank God always clean bathroom) at work i do some squats, air boxing and i sometimes jog on the spot...Sounds crazy but it adds up lol
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    LOL i love this, TMI but everytime i go to the private (thank God always clean bathroom) at work i do some squats, air boxing and i sometimes jog on the spot...Sounds crazy but it adds up lol

That reminds of back in the day when I used to tan (Eeek) and I would do squats in the stand up tanning booth.

Air boxing sounds fun!!! I have a few prime targets at work that I can picture too! BONUS! :)
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    100 chair dips at my desk throughout the day.. every other day!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :happy: Occasional squats in the bathroom stall.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I browse female profile pictures and....never mind.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I browse female profile pictures and....never mind.

lol, speaking of...geez, I feel like a creeper looking at your pic. How many times did you have to take it to get that exact angle? Whew...very nice. Oh yeah, um, topic....distracted...sneaky exercise...I'm a teacher so I actually started walking around and helping the kids instead of yelling to them from my desk. Amazing how much more active I am now (and probably a better teacher...except when I'm distracted)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options

That reminds of back in the day when I used to tan (Eeek) and I would do squats in the stand up tanning booth.

Air boxing sounds fun!!! I have a few prime targets at work that I can picture too! BONUS! :)

I used the stand up tanning beds - but would do twists and side bends. LOL
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

lol, speaking of...geez, I feel like a creeper looking at your pic. How many times did you have to take it to get that exact angle? Whew...very nice. Oh yeah, um, topic....distracted...sneaky exercise...I'm a teacher so I actually started walking around and helping the kids instead of yelling to them from my desk. Amazing how much more active I am now (and probably a better teacher...except when I'm distracted)

2-3 times, I think.

And yes, you are a creeper *folds arms over chest*
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    ahahahahaha, female pictures.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    100 chair dips at my desk throughout the day.. every other day!

This whole "rolling chair" thing gets me every time!!

I damn sure tried though.

LOL

:laugh:
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    2-3 times, I think.

Lol...I am a creeper. My husband is going to start wondering why I'm spending so much time on a fitness site. ;)

Oh...and rolling chair...yeah, that's a problem for me too. Somewhere around 40 I lost my coordination and I do dumb stuff all the time...don't need to give those students any more ammunition about what a dork I am.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    I shadowbox with my imaginary friend. My co-workers think I'm nuts (in their defense I probably am), but I'm 167-1. My only loss came on a morning I was hungover.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am not talking full-on exercising, but more like secret little bits of exercise throughout the day.

On Black Friday I wore ankle weights while shopping. It was amazing. That night my calves hurt so bad (but felt so good) and when I took the weights off, my ankles look amazing. I am thinking I should start wearing them to work daily.

Sorry if I'm raining on your parade, but you should be careful about over using ankle weights. Walking around in them all day might lead to lower back issues.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

2-3 times, I think.

I don't blame her. I'm doing a secret exercise while looking at your picture right now :blushing:
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I shadowbox with my imaginary friend. My co-workers think I'm nuts (in their defense I probably am), but I'm 167-1. My only loss came on a morning I was hungover.

I'm laughing so hard, this is amazing.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I''m another bathroom work out-er. Everything from stretching, yoga, squats, pushups off the counter, jumping up and down, waving my arms around......and face exercises (don't laugh they work). I take the stairs as often as I can. I also walk a mile to work and from....sometimes I'll jog it a bit. I'm a firm believer of keeping busy and active even between regular gym work outs!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I do squats and leg lifts while putting on my make up and brushing my teeth in the morning. While at my desk at work I keep my legs moving under my desk... sometimes just raising my knees up to touch the underneath side of my desk and lower them back down. Every little bit helps, right??