Looking for gift ideas for boys 9+ !!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm buying him an Ipod Touch and a professional punching bag with gloves...those are the two big ones...but then he's getting clothes, books, model cars, some kinect games (got the kinect for christmas last year), boxers, oilers paraphenalia, edmonton eskimos paraphenalia, chess, yahtzee, pj's, mitts, touque...and that's about it. I only have one kid though so it's easier to spend a little more on him. Not to mention I don't buy him any toys or anything during the year lol so I spoil him rotten at christmas. I fill his stocking with things he needs like shampoo and toothpaste, and throw in some hot wheels and chocolate.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My son is 8 and from us he's getting a Red Ryder BB gun, Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Wipeout video game for the Wii, a DS game, Lego set.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Those mini RC helicopters look cool, if i was nine i would want one, heck i want one now at my age. RC cars are cool at that age too.

Those helicopters are AWESOME!! but you can never go wrong with NERF! :) they have nerf. They also have laser tag, where they wear vests and stuff, its alot of fun.

Legos NEVER go out. I also like the poster who said legos and a digi cam to make stop action. My son is 15 and he does this. LOVES to do it. Even still. Or you can also get him a FLIP video camera, those things are neat!

Ronney
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Get him an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

No wait... He'll shoot out an eye with it.

:laugh:

Seriously though, I only have daughters and haven't been 9 for many many years.

Skateboard, Ed Hardy Clothing, Football, Ipod, Ipad...

they have those in pink now:) but i actually will probably shoot my eye out, so no thanks!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Watch out for a lot of those MP3 players. I got one for my son last year and returned it. This particular brand required you to pay monthly to keep the songs. Once you downloaded them, they were NOT yours to keep.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    We are getting Xavier a bunch of video games, barnes and noble gift card, rc battle crash car/track set, and ... i think we are getting both kids (9 and 6) ipod touches as there are NO big gifts either wants (ie. last year xbox kinect, yr before Ds'..).

although the ipods are iffy - depending on my bonus check from work (as in if I get one).
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    get him a set of dumbbells and barbells so he can get in shape and kick the other guy's butts at school
    this will make him super confident later and be a succesful man in life
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    We are getting Xavier a bunch of video games, barnes and noble gift card, rc battle crash car/track set, and ... i think we are getting both kids (9 and 6) ipod touches as there are NO big gifts either wants (ie. last year xbox kinect, yr before Ds'..).

although the ipods are iffy - depending on my bonus check from work (as in if I get one).

We were looking into the android tablets, you can get the reconditioned for $80 and it does the same thing an ipod touch does. something to think about
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options

We were looking into the android tablets, you can get the reconditioned for $80 and it does the same thing an ipod touch does. something to think about

see... THIS is why I love you! :heart:
    will look into that option!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have two sons, 9 (10 in Jan) and 12. Both boys are getting big gifts of the Nintendo 3DS, 2 3D games, a Wii game to share, several books (both big readers), gcs for 10 hours of jump time at a Trampoline place (like Sky High), and flannel-lined jeans (all men in this house, including my husband, believe clothing is a basic human right, not a Christmas gift, so I honor that. But they do love warm cozy stuff). 9 y.o. is getting a Lego Ninjago set and the Lego Heroica game (4 standalone pieces that also come together to make a bigger game--he's getting 2 of the 4), the Nerf Vendetta sword (double blade), Older son went old-school this year, asked for basic Risk and Monopoly and another Wii game. I also always get one wacky-*kitten* thing from As Seen on TV commercials that they comment on--this year it's the Slushy Maker. LOL Stockings contain new socks (they love new socks for some reason), yo-yos, beef jerky (did it as a joke last year and it was a huge hit), candy, and little stuff they see and comment on throughout the year--foam dagger, crayons w/ sharpener and Duct tape (for making cardboard weapons) for my little one, older son gets a Amazon.com gift card instead.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'm buying him an Ipod Touch and a professional punching bag with gloves...those are the two big ones...but then he's getting clothes, books, model cars, some kinect games (got the kinect for christmas last year), boxers, oilers paraphenalia, edmonton eskimos paraphenalia, chess, yahtzee, pj's, mitts, touque...and that's about it. I only have one kid though so it's easier to spend a little more on him. Not to mention I don't buy him any toys or anything during the year lol so I spoil him rotten at christmas. I fill his stocking with things he needs like shampoo and toothpaste, and throw in some hot wheels and chocolate.

What no Winnipeg Jets paraphenalia, no Winnipeg Blue Bombers gear.... you'll scar the kid for life! LOL! Don't worry, I would have really heckled ya if you mentioned Saskatchewan.... LMAO
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Double Post.... Oops.:smile: