looking for an alli buddy....

Options

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Dont shoot the messenger folks

the bottom line is you need to eat right and exercise...even according to the makers of this latest scam
    no need to buy the pills

Alli Diet Pill
    Alli is one of the 'hottest' diet pills on the market. Alli's gigantic gain in poopularity, I mean popularity is that it has spent HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of Dollars $$$$$ to make itself know. Job well done Alli. I can't walk into a Wal-Mart or Grocery store without seeing Alli Displays everywhere. So I beg to ask the question - Will Alli Help You Lose Weight?

We'd better first let you know what Alli really is. Alli’s main ingredient, Orlistat, is used by Xenical, (Zenical). The main difference is that there is twice as much Orlistat in Xenical than in Alli. Xenical also requires a prescription in order to purchase it. Since Alli has been introduced in the marketplace, Xenical sales have plummeted. I guess people figured out that if you double your dosage of Alli - Whammo! You have Xenical.

Alli Claims - Is Alli the only FDA approved diet pill?

Hardly, but GSK knows that saying so will lead to 'consumer confidence'. The truth is that there a lot of diet and weightloss ingredients that are FDA approved, like OatVantage, Marinol Fish Oil Omega 3, VitaBlue, and Phase2 and hundreds of other popular weight loss ingredients. So don’t let the FDA Approval fool you, it is there for marketing purposes, and these companies know this.

Alli Side Effects - Will Alli Make You Poop Your Pants?

The majority of people would tell you yes. (Yuck!) I guess it is pretty common to either poop your pants, have really bad gas, have oil leaking from your bottom, or a combination of the three. I call it the triple threat. People claim that by punishing the user Alli helps you learn to cut fatty foods from your diet. If you don't cut the fatty foods you will be punished by public humiliation. Seems pretty cruel to me.

If you cut those fatty foods from your diet, wouldn't you lose weight anyways? Why torture yourself and worry about crapping your pants. Honestly, I don't get it.

Some Real Alli Consumer Reviews

"I TOOK ALLI ON AND OFF FOR 3-4 WEEKS, ON AND OFF BECAUSE OF THE PAIN AND GAS IN MY ABDOMIN WHEN TAKING IT AND THE EMBARRASSMENT OF THE AFTER EFFECT. I HAD TO GO HOME FROM WORK ONE DAY TO CHANGE CLOTHES. I NOW HAVE GALLBLADDER PROBLEMS WHICH I NEVER HAD BEFORE. DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT!!!" DiAnne

"I was shopping at the mall the other day when the urge for me to go pee hit me pretty hard. I drink a good amount of high quality h2o. Trying to lose weight - you know! Anyways, while I was peeing, I lost total control of my bowels and crapped all over the place. Luckily I was at a macy's, so I was able to procure some boxers and slacks. But seriously, this has never happened to me before. I guess it is part of Alli's double-edged sword. Eat right or suffer!" Cole

"I took alli for a week. I have never been so miserable in all of my life. I did not experience the diarrhea, but I am bloated and gassy and every time I pass gas, I have the nastiest grease stains in my pants. The leakage is horrendeous and - to boot - even though I took the multi-vitamins like they stated - I would wake up in the middle of the night with horrible muscle cramps and charlie horses. I am eating a healthy low fat diet and exercising, so these side effects shouldn't be an issue. I can tell you that it does keep your body from absorbing fat - it's because it sends it out your rear end instead. This was a WASTE of my money, and it is now 3 days after I quit taking the pills, and I am still draining - and I feel horrible. I do not recommend this product!" Sherri

"I have taken the Alli diet pill for the past two weeks and no, I have not pooped on myself. If you eat a bunch of garbage of course you're going to mess on yourself. I took the Alli to my doctor before using and he gave me the go ahead. It is just a booster for me. My first week I lost 2 lbs. I always had regular bowel movements so going to the bathroom is no problem for me. I just call it a good cleansing which we all can use every now and then. Don't knock it before you try it. Some people want a quick fix and think they can do anything to get it. Read the book, follow the instructions! It will work! Don't listen to the negative hipe because these people didn't do what they were supposed to. The book says not to eat over "15" grams of fat per meal. Now if you go and eat 25, 30 or even 50, what do you expect!" Laurie

Alli Conclusion

There are TONS of diet supplements out there that do the same thing as Alli without the messy side effects. If you are looking for gassy uncontrollable oily explosions Alli may be your diet pill. If you want diet supplements all natural ingredients, have shown the same end results as Alli ie Weight Loss, but not the same side effects check out our list below!

How long do I need to take Alli?
    According to the manufacturer, most weight loss occurs within the first six months. Many people who take medications to lose weight regain the weight they lost when they stop taking the medication. Therefore, to keep the weight off, many people continue taking medications indefinitely along with eating a low-calorie diet and exercising regularly.

How does Alli fit into a healthy weight-loss plan?
    As you consider Alli as a weight-loss aid, make sure that you make every effort to exercise, change your eating habits and adjust any other lifestyle factors that have contributed to your excess weight. Alli isn't the easy answer to weight loss and is meant only to supplement — not replace — a healthy diet and regular exercise.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    well.....

poo
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Great to have you here and see you on the boards. I hope that whatever path you choose works for you and that you do it in a healthy way.

I will tell you of my Alli experience. I bought Alli a while back thinking that it would be a good addition to my diet and exercise plan. If you read the booklets you will see (and I'm sure you know this) that you need to take them IN addition to diet and exercise. For me, it was a waste of money to take them because I never have too much fat in my diet. I still have them and I will only take one occasionally if I'm going to have a meal that contains more then 7 grams of fat. I've never had any side effects because even if it's over 7 grams it still is under anything that would make me have a bad side effect.

From what you've written it appears to me that you already eat a low fat diet so according to the Alli booklet itself it is a mute point to take them.

I haven't been here too long but I do know that the peeps here are good people. Not everyone agrees on everything and some people don't mince words in saying what they are going to say. But I've not seen any malice in the advice people give.

Come back to the boards often. In my opinion it's a great place to get motivation and different points of view on diet and exercise.

Good Luck, :wink:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I think I really started something here, so sorry to get everybodies back up about alli but I have been studying the alli website in the U.S for sometime now and couldn't wait for them to arrive here in the U.K (my chemist got bored with me asking every other month lol)

I have been on them a week and so far so good... why are you all against them? They were approved by the fda and they are raving about them here in the U.K.

Sorry if I got on the wrong side of you all, will get my coat......:embarassed:

Please understand my previous post was not ment as any form of critisism and I'm so sorry if you took it that way. I personally try to stay away from all pills and I really hate spending money on what I could do on my own that's all sorry:flowerforyou:
  • cbuonantony
    Options
    Let me know how the alli works...Ive thought about it as well as a jump start...My sister told me about this website and Im new and am already loving it however I need a jumpstart to...Im exercising everyday but I just need a little extra help....Im going to do a colon cleanse and start doing a little more natural foods with no white foods included!! (BYE BYE pasta, white bread, potatos and rice) I bought a juicer and am really trying to take advantage of that and protein drinks they seem to really help although.....IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE ABOUT THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT...My problem is that I cant stay away for the kitchen after 9pm.....Ive been trying to eat good like bananas or a handful of walnuts but I dont even want to go near it after 7pm since I dont go to bed until 12midnite...HELP ME!!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

the bottom line is you need to eat right and exercise...even according to the makers of this latest scam
    no need to buy the pills

Alli Diet Pill
    Alli is one of the 'hottest' diet pills on the market. Alli's gigantic gain in poopularity, I mean popularity is that it has spent HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of Dollars $$$$$ to make itself know. Job well done Alli. I can't walk into a Wal-Mart or Grocery store without seeing Alli Displays everywhere. So I beg to ask the question - Will Alli Help You Lose Weight?

We'd better first let you know what Alli really is. Alli’s main ingredient, Orlistat, is used by Xenical, (Zenical). The main difference is that there is twice as much Orlistat in Xenical than in Alli. Xenical also requires a prescription in order to purchase it. Since Alli has been introduced in the marketplace, Xenical sales have plummeted. I guess people figured out that if you double your dosage of Alli - Whammo! You have Xenical.

Hardly, but GSK knows that saying so will lead to 'consumer confidence'. The truth is that there a lot of diet and weightloss ingredients that are FDA approved, like OatVantage, Marinol Fish Oil Omega 3, VitaBlue, and Phase2 and hundreds of other popular weight loss ingredients. So don’t let the FDA Approval fool you, it is there for marketing purposes, and these companies know this.

The majority of people would tell you yes. (Yuck!) I guess it is pretty common to either poop your pants, have really bad gas, have oil leaking from your bottom, or a combination of the three. I call it the triple threat. People claim that by punishing the user Alli helps you learn to cut fatty foods from your diet. If you don't cut the fatty foods you will be punished by public humiliation. Seems pretty cruel to me.

If you cut those fatty foods from your diet, wouldn't you lose weight anyways? Why torture yourself and worry about crapping your pants. Honestly, I don't get it.

"I TOOK ALLI ON AND OFF FOR 3-4 WEEKS, ON AND OFF BECAUSE OF THE PAIN AND GAS IN MY ABDOMIN WHEN TAKING IT AND THE EMBARRASSMENT OF THE AFTER EFFECT. I HAD TO GO HOME FROM WORK ONE DAY TO CHANGE CLOTHES. I NOW HAVE GALLBLADDER PROBLEMS WHICH I NEVER HAD BEFORE. DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT!!!" DiAnne

"I was shopping at the mall the other day when the urge for me to go pee hit me pretty hard. I drink a good amount of high quality h2o. Trying to lose weight - you know! Anyways, while I was peeing, I lost total control of my bowels and crapped all over the place. Luckily I was at a macy's, so I was able to procure some boxers and slacks. But seriously, this has never happened to me before. I guess it is part of Alli's double-edged sword. Eat right or suffer!" Cole

"I took alli for a week. I have never been so miserable in all of my life. I did not experience the diarrhea, but I am bloated and gassy and every time I pass gas, I have the nastiest grease stains in my pants. The leakage is horrendeous and - to boot - even though I took the multi-vitamins like they stated - I would wake up in the middle of the night with horrible muscle cramps and charlie horses. I am eating a healthy low fat diet and exercising, so these side effects shouldn't be an issue. I can tell you that it does keep your body from absorbing fat - it's because it sends it out your rear end instead. This was a WASTE of my money, and it is now 3 days after I quit taking the pills, and I am still draining - and I feel horrible. I do not recommend this product!" Sherri

"I have taken the Alli diet pill for the past two weeks and no, I have not pooped on myself. If you eat a bunch of garbage of course you're going to mess on yourself. I took the Alli to my doctor before using and he gave me the go ahead. It is just a booster for me. My first week I lost 2 lbs. I always had regular bowel movements so going to the bathroom is no problem for me. I just call it a good cleansing which we all can use every now and then. Don't knock it before you try it. Some people want a quick fix and think they can do anything to get it. Read the book, follow the instructions! It will work! Don't listen to the negative hipe because these people didn't do what they were supposed to. The book says not to eat over "15" grams of fat per meal. Now if you go and eat 25, 30 or even 50, what do you expect!" Laurie

Alli Conclusion

There are TONS of diet supplements out there that do the same thing as Alli without the messy side effects. If you are looking for gassy uncontrollable oily explosions Alli may be your diet pill. If you want diet supplements all natural ingredients, have shown the same end results as Alli ie Weight Loss, but not the same side effects check out our list below!

According to the manufacturer, most weight loss occurs within the first six months. Many people who take medications to lose weight regain the weight they lost when they stop taking the medication. Therefore, to keep the weight off, many people continue taking medications indefinitely along with eating a low-calorie diet and exercising regularly.

As you consider Alli as a weight-loss aid, make sure that you make every effort to exercise, change your eating habits and adjust any other lifestyle factors that have contributed to your excess weight. Alli isn't the easy answer to weight loss and is meant only to supplement — not replace — a healthy diet and regular exercise.

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

What's good for the goose ....... :laugh: :happy: :laugh:

It's not the content of the message that's the problem, in my view. It's the tone. If advice is given in such an unfriendly, condescending and rude way as to belittle or anger, then it may as well be poo. A missed opportunity for some good advice isn't too much of a problem in a site of this size. The real problem is that someone needing advice or support may leave. Most people expressed the same opinion in a different way. They were trying to help. Chill out, smell the flowers :flowerforyou: then post, or just click on by if you can't tolerate people having different views.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Exactly Lorro, it was mainly the tone it was set in that got my back up but it didn't take me long to realise who is who on here so I was able to laugh it off :wink: btw loving the c/p jobs, makes people sound so intelligent doesn't it :laugh:

I had the most devine lunch today, two slices of burgen bread, home made pesto, 2 x thin slice of ham and 6 plum tomatoes... will definitely be having that again :tongue:

Can someone enlighten me what clean food is? I always buy fresh and wash it, prepare and cook it is that it?

Have a great Sunday... :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    LOL! Helen you have an unerring instinct to entertain!

From my brief stay here, I've noticed that other than pills, clean eating is the topic that seems to get people up on their high horse.

I think it means eating natural, unprocessed food :smile:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    LOL thanks Lorro, well like others then, I am all for good clean food :laugh: I fit in nicely already (except for my junkie lifestyle) :ohwell: time for another pill :bigsmile:
  • georgiapeachpit
    Options
    Helen. I will be your buddy..I am in your shoes too. I have just a little to lose but i have had "a little to lose" for 6yrs and NOTHING has worked. you name it i have done it!! Also have a good physical every year (followed by my docs closely) and THEY also recommended Alli. I have been on it for a while but i use THIS website for SUPPORT and the tools are excellent! the Food log rocks...it helps me keep very close track of what i am eating.....and what exercise makes an impact on the calories!! (No side effects to report) Everyone on this site is really really great with helpful advise and motivation!!! Lets do it! Be positive. Every step forward is a plus no matter how small!!! There is no "cookie cutter" plan to lose weight and be healthy. I am with YA!
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Great, thanks georgia :flowerforyou: Together we will beat this bulge :happy:
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Can someone enlighten me what clean food is?

Shopping the perimeter of the grocery store and avoiding the aisles. No processed or prepared foods, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, unprocessed meats. Stuff that needs cooking from scratch.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    My mam brought me up on clean food, she taught me how to make soups from scratch at a young age. I also love roasting a chicken and making 3 meals out of it. I steam my fish and steam vegetables too. I couldn't eat canned/jar food or ready made meals, I don't have take aways either (my downfall is chocolate) :tongue: I could really eat a chocolate sundae dripping in toffee and chocolate sauce :laugh: I won't though...
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    LOL thanks Lorro, well like others then, I am all for good clean food :laugh: I fit in nicely already (except for my junkie lifestyle) :ohwell: time for another pill :bigsmile:

I like when my food is dirt and germ free too LOL!
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Can someone enlighten me what clean food is?

Another member said this........." If your great grandmother wouldn't recognize it....don't eat it." That is what has stuck with me everytime I go grocery shopping!!

And no matter how I try to work it.......my ggm would NOT recognize a Twinkie :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options

I like when my food is dirt and germ free too LOL!

some people are just too picky!!!! :grumble: :wink: :laugh:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Bit off topic but here goes....everytime I go shopping i have to be careful with my budget, we are in the deepest recession and it's highly unlikely we will be out of it in a years time. Our food prices have rocketted, don't know about the U.S though.

I love fresh, I tend to buy local fresh produce too which bumps up my food bill but it is so much tastier than when it has been flown half way across the world. Fish is another good one, I love trying new fish recipes and my local supermarket has some lovely fish, I ask him for fresh and not frozen so I can bake it/steam it on the day.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    fish is good
    good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

no need to buy the pills

Alli Diet Pill

Alli Conclusion

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

What's good for the goose ....... :laugh: :happy: :laugh:

It's not the content of the message that's the problem, in my view. It's the tone. If advice is given in such an unfriendly, condescending and rude way as to belittle or anger, then it may as well be poo. A missed opportunity for some good advice isn't too much of a problem in a site of this size. The real problem is that someone needing advice or support may leave. Most people expressed the same opinion in a different way. They were trying to help. Chill out, smell the flowers :flowerforyou: then post, or just click on by if you can't tolerate people having different views.

That's just Dave. Like I said before, you like him or you don't. If you don't then just ignore his posts and don't let it ruffle your feathers.:flowerforyou:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    I think I really started something here, so sorry to get everybodies back up about alli but I have been studying the alli website in the U.S for sometime now and couldn't wait for them to arrive here in the U.K (my chemist got bored with me asking every other month lol)

I have been on them a week and so far so good... why are you all against them? They were approved by the fda and they are raving about them here in the U.K.

Sorry if I got on the wrong side of you all, will get my coat......:embarassed:
    Hang your coat back up....It's your health that everyone is concerned with. One reason to lose weight is to improve your health - and wouldn't it be awful to actually lose weight on these supposedly safe supplements, only to find out down the road that they indeed are *not* safe (like so many others) and you've somehow damaged your body? We don't get re-do's with our bodies. We get one to start with.... play it safe.

If you've researched the alli product you can research healthy food... and how to eat it in correct amounts. You can do it.