Awkward Gym Moment

Options
RahBuhBuh
RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, something really awkward or funny happens at the gym I go to. Here are two my my favorites:

1. Back in September, all of a sudden, a bunch of staff members showed up and started running around the gym, dressed like super heroes.

2. An older person walked up to me, out of now where, and said to me, "Your shirt reminds me of my garden." and then just stood there.

What are your funny or awkward moments?

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    LOL! that is to funny!! I had someone spray me in the face with the cleaner. It was an accident, but very very awkward. Lol
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Also, I have been known to catch my earphones with my hand and send my ipod flying across the room. I hate when that happens. :blushing:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I let out a rather large fart at the bottom of a squat on monday
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I was playing basketball and these two guys started arguing. One guy totally lost his shit and got pissed and wanted to throw punches. Suddenly he started punching himself in the face yelling and screaming. I didn't know whether to break up the fight with himself or just sit back and watch. So I watched. I wanted to record it on my phone, but it was in my locker.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    There used to be an older lady at the gym I went to that would draw her eyebrows back in with Navy blue eyeliner and the kicker she drew them on just like spock's, I will repeat JUST like spock's. I always wanted to ask her if she was color blind and why did she choose that particular shape of eyebrow but ....................didn't want to make it an awkward moment at the gym lol
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Also, I have been known to catch my earphones with my hand and send my ipod flying across the room. I hate when that happens. :blushing:

I've done this several times. I almost fell off the spin bike in the middle of the class which was very funny to me.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was talking to the lady on the treadmill beside me...and all of a sudden she fell and went shooting off the back. Somehow, I was more embarrassed than she was.
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options

If I didn't have a really strong case for my phone, it would be in a thousand pieces by now. I can't count the times I have done that.
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    I was playing basketball and these two guys started arguing. One guy totally lost his shit and got pissed and wanted to throw punches. Suddenly he started punching himself in the face yelling and screaming. I didn't know whether to break up the fight with himself or just sit back and watch. So I watched. I wanted to record it on my phone, but it was in my locker.

Bahahaha. I have never been mad enough to punch myself in the face. Too bad you couldn't get video.
  • 1myfit
    1myfit Posts: 69
    Options
    I was waiting for the stair climber and the guy had warts on his hands. I was signed up next for it so I walked up and saw this....I didn't want to use it anymore.....even tho he wiped it down. I could tell he knew. Very awkward......
  • mandakins79
    Options
    My IPod flung off the treadmill. Ended up rolling under the lining. Thankfully I hit the stop button in time to save my IPod before it was crushed on the under side.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i hate when i trip on a machine. nobody notices but it's still so awkward.

also when you adjust the seat on a strength machine and when you sit down it makes a super loud sound.

last but not least...every single butt-naked lady in the locker room. don't care if you're 20 and have a perfect body or 70 and a little flabby. i don't want to see it. i understand it's the locker room but there's no reason you have to be walking around everywhere, doing your hair, talking to friends naked.
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    last but not least...every single butt-naked lady in the locker room. don't care if you're 20 and have a perfect body or 70 and a little flabby. i don't want to see it. i understand it's the locker room but there's no reason you have to be walking around everywhere, doing your hair, talking to friends naked.

No kidding. Those are awkward moments. I don't even get what's up with the locker rooms. I really want to print up some signs that say, "No Standing/Walking Around Naked".
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, something really awkward or funny happens at the gym I go to. Here are two my my favorites:

1. Back in September, all of a sudden, a bunch of staff members showed up and started running around the gym, dressed like super heroes.

2. An older person walked up to me, out of now where, and said to me, "Your shirt reminds me of my garden." and then just stood there.

What are your funny or awkward moments?

HAHAHAHAHAH that garden comment killed me... sounds like something my grandma would say/do
  • david581c
    Options
    because of work I end up at the gym late fairly often, near closing.

One night Im on the elliptical machine gettin a good workout and I nearly jump off the damn thing because I notice this rather scary islander looking woman cleaning the machine im on as I'm workin out. startled the hell outta me.

out of like weird fear/anxiety I tell her that I'm still using the machine, and in this terrifying gargoyle voice she utters "I wait" and then just stands there watching me...doing nothing but watching me. needless to say I bailed after like 2 minutes when I realized she was going nowhere...and when I left, I looked back up, she was still standing there same spot. super creepy.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

Don't ever go into a locker room in China.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I..Would..Have..Died..
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I got off my bike and tottered over to the cleaning station to get the spray to wipe it down, came back, wipe wipe wi.... where's my towel?
    Oh, it's on the bike NEXT to the one I just cleaned. Not tooo embarrassing except I looked around to see if anyone saw ans a lady who's there with my same routine (so we always exchange a good morning etc) was on the treadmill behind cracking up and pointing at the bike I was meant to be doing. Oops.

Also - beside the very same lady mind you..
    The first day I went to the gym I jumped on the treadmill and was trying to get it to go faster using the touch screen.. It wouldn't budge and I was getting frustrated, all of a sudden it bumps up to 25 km/h!!! WHAAAAAAAA!! I was quick enough to jump out either side, but everyone heard my jump and saw my panic. hah
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    When I was lifting at the rec a couple of days ago I got a massive nose bleed mid set lol xD
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

I..Would..Have..Died..

I would have cracked up laughing.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: