need help with birth control

Options
2»

Replies

• turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love being on Depo. I was on patches for a year and had really bad mood swings and was depressed. I switched to Depo and loving it.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bedsider.org is a good way to compare different kinds of bc
  • alapoint89
    Options
    bedsider.org is a good way to compare different kinds of bc
    just red it online
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm on the best control ever!!

No sex!! :bigsmile:

Then again, it really only works if your single!! Which I have been for the last 10 yrs.. Heading into the change, so looks like I'll be ok..

Would hate to have to think about all that again.. Then again - not looking forward to the change either!! :laugh:
  • alapoint89
    Options
    I'm on the best control ever!!

No sex!! :bigsmile:

Then again, it really only works if your single!! Which I have been for the last 10 yrs.. Heading into the change, so looks like I'll be ok..

Would hate to have to think about all that again.. Then again - not looking forward to the change either!! :laugh:
    lol congrats on the abstinence
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ok ladies, i have to share, for those of you who are done with kids, or dont want kids, i did ESSURE. the best thing i ever did. i had it done in the doctors office, insurance covered it and took about 15 minutes. they implant a little plug the same exact procedure that is done for some heart patients with the same material. it plugs the fallopian tubes and over a few weeks tissue grows over it and wallah!! NO EGGS commin through. No hormones, no pill, no side effects. I had to go in a few weeks later for a ex-ray to make sure everything was closed up that hurt , but other than that best thing i did.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    ok ladies, i have to share, for those of you who are done with kids, or dont want kids, i did ESSURE. the best thing i ever did. i had it done in the doctors office, insurance covered it and took about 15 minutes. they implant a little plug the same exact procedure that is done for some heart patients with the same material. it plugs the fallopian tubes and over a few weeks tissue grows over it and wallah!! NO EGGS commin through. No hormones, no pill, no side effects. I had to go in a few weeks later for a ex-ray to make sure everything was closed up that hurt , but other than that best thing i did.
    my hubby said no for 5years
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I did the same thing! I don't know really anyone else that has done this so it was nice to hear this! It's really nice not having to worry about swallowing a pill or if something is placed correctly. I've had mine for about 2 years now and I couldn't be happier!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago....BEST thing I have ever done. Of course, I was done having kids and was having complications, so it was medically necessary, but NO PERIODS for the last 3 years...and I'm only 36! :bigsmile:
  • apena_06
    apena_06 Posts: 50
    Options
    I was on the depo for 3 years.. Best 3 years of my life. I switched the the implanon because I THOUGHT it made me gain a ton of weight, but it didn't at all.

Good luck finding something that makes you feel alright!

I'm on Depo now (love it) but I think it's made me gain a good amount of weight. I'm thinking of switching to Implanon - is it alot like depo as far as side effects? Have you lost/gained any weight on it?