They call me "Skinny"

I hate the word "Skinny", and to me it's as bad as the word "Fat".  Many times someone is trying to be polite and say something like "wow! Look at you your soo skinny" and I always reply with "Oh yeah, I've leaned out a lot".  

Well when i get called skinny it just completely underminds and disregards the amount of hours spent on strength training and retaining lean mass that I strive for.

Without my regular exercise I gain a lot of bodyfat really quick. I wear a loose fit uniform at work but my waist line has obviously shrunk by a 37" to a 32" within the last year.

I know i'm not an easy gainer when it comes to building muscle mass, but I sure as hell aint no skin and bones.  

So if you tell someone they're looking THIN, or LEAN it might make a person feel a whole lot better about themself than being called the "S" word. 

Replies

• coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Wow. Great body! I got distracted by your pic and forgot what I was actually going to comment....so yea...nice work!
  • Thanks for sharing. I totally agree and will watch what I saw to others!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I used to be called "skinny"...I didnt like it so I purposely gained weight.....but then I kept gaining weight...Then I was called "fat"...So I know how you feel.. That is a good point/advice for some people. :)
  • I hate the word "Skinny", and to me it's as bad as the word "Fat".  Many times someone is trying to be polite and say something like "wow! Look at you your soo skinny" and I always reply with "Oh yeah, I've leaned out a lot".  

Well when i get called skinny it just completely underminds and disregards the amount of hours spent on strength training and retaining lean mass that I strive for.

!!!!! love this !! love love love and agree :D
  • Agree 100%. It makes me work harder so I don't get called 'skinny'.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Wow. Great body! I got distracted by your pic and forgot what I was actually going to comment....so yea...nice work!

:) Thank you, you're a sweet heart. It only cost me giving up all the junk food that I loved, and don't miss. Not really once you reach a weight goal, there are many ways to go back to your favorite foods but just not in excess. I had Buffet last night! Vegas Style. LOL
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    I hate being called 'skinny'. 'Tiny' isn't much better.
    I like 'lean' and 'slim' a lot better. :)
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    I've never thought of it from that perspective, but I'm definitely glad I saw this.
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    I find "skinny" to have a negative connotation, too, so I never understood why people used it as a compliment. Slim, slender, thin are compliments, in my opinion, skinny isn't.