JUST SAY NO!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What helps me to stay full at night lately is hot choclate......you can get the diet kind and it still tastes the same. One cup of that and I'm full the rest of the night. Plus, since it's cold outside now it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy (awwww) lol

This. The Sensible Sweets Diet hot cocoa from Swiss Miss only has 25 calories per serving and it actually tastes pretty dang good. I have one every evening and it does fill you up.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem. I am always starving at about 4-5 though. I work out in the evenings so my major meals are breakfast and lunch. After a small dinner and a work out I don't need to eat at night.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Seriously, just eat a little later. You don't have to avoid eating after 8:00. Your body doesn't just stop burning calories after 8:00.

This.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would say, make sure you're eating enough. If you have hunger pains, you're probably legitimately hungry. Protein also helps to keep the full feeling. Drinking lots of water during the day is helpful. Tea is great right before bed. I have a sleepytime tea from Trader Joe's that I mix with decaf green tea.

Also, if you don't want to eat dinner later than you currently do, then why not figure in a small snack before bed?
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    One thing that works for me is I eat very limited carbs after 5pm. I eat quite well for dinner but my dinner is usually a lot of protein, like chicken or an egg white omellette and then steamed asparagus. Protein helps to fill you so you could try that. For myself, I find if I eat carbs after 5pm, I also get very hungry later in the night. Someone suggested the protein trick to me years ago and it actually worked. Something to try anyway.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate is a great one. So are protein shakes..

I typically try to have a banana & protein shake right after gym (5:30-6p), that holds me over til I'm done making dinner and I can eat my dinner later.

I don't really buy into the whole don't eat after 8pm thing. If you aren't eating when you are hungry that means you'll wake up even more hungry. If your body is telling you to eat something, have something small.
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I used to work nights, so now I am still not hungry until the afternoon and tend to eat dinner between 7-8. If I go to the gym I dont crave sweets but if I am still hungry by 10 I'll have a handful of blueberries and I make sure to eat them one at a time and it gets me threw.
  • Klynn63
    Options
    What helps me to stay full at night lately is hot choclate......you can get the diet kind and it still tastes the same. One cup of that and I'm full the rest of the night. Plus, since it's cold outside now it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy (awwww) lol

I do the same! I put 2 marshmellows on mine as well, its 70 calories of goodness! I always make sure to have enough calories left over if I need a snack.. which usually will be a jalepeno string cheese or popcorn! :)
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    Thank you all.

First I will try to move my meal back and hour and if that dont work i will be buying the hot chocolate!!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner around 6:30 or so and I go to bed around 10pm. I usually get hungry later too and I've found it helps to leave a few calories for a small snack and enjoy it with a cup of tea. I usually have a Breakstone Cottage Double or a 100 calorie pack of cookies with a cup of calorie free Herbal tea. It fills me up and I'm good until the morning. I also make sure to enter what I'll be enjoyin with my tea before I go back downstairs after putting the kids to bed and close out my food journal then so I am clear with myself that I'm done for the night after that. :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you are that hungry, you should eat. Stay within your calorie goals for the day, and you can eat any time you want.
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    I am all about support and motivation. Keep strong and just chat away to me if you need it! :)
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I agree. Popcorn is the best. Try saving a few calories for a low calorie evening snack if you are finding you want one. Otherwise, you will drive yourself crazy.