Jullian Michaels shred or zumba?

2»

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Both? I go to a zumba fitness class once a week - so much fun and cool ladies, and I have just started the 30 DS which I will do every day except the day I have zumba....

This is exactly what I do. Shred every day except for Wednesday, which is my one-hour Zumba class.
  • I am on day 3 of 30day shred (again, I have done it before but got in a rutt and quit working out for about a year) I think its a great START to getting back into a routine b/c it is only 25 min but it still does the job. Its much more fun to turn on mute and play music while doing it though. I can still see Jillian telling me to work harder!
  • I burn approximately 500 calories in an hour class with Zumba. I take classes three days a week. I have lost a pants size and even though the scale doesn't show it, people keep telling me that I am losing weight. I LOVE it! I would like to take it four to five days a week. I am already taking classes at three different places, so i hate to add another one, but might!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    I hear Zumba burns a lot of calories and is tons of fun. That's great for getting weight off of you. 30 Day Shred may not be fun (okay, I'm 2/3 through it and I can say with certainty it is not fun LOL) HOWEVER it works muscles that you might not work otherwise and makes you drop inches off your body. So honestly I would say try alternating both of them. You'd get the best of both worlds - big calorie burn and fun with Zumba, intensity and shrinkage with Jiliian. I just do the treadmill when I'm craving extra cardio but I've been meaning to try Zumba just b/c people seem to enjoy it so much. It might even help for you to alternate the workouts so you don't get bored and lose motivation.....

If you decide to do the Shred, definitely take measurements when you start. That is where you see the big differences during and after the program.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    I would do both (maybe throw in Zumba 2 -3 times a week to get some cardio in), but I cannot recommend 30DS more. Yes, you may not lose a lot of pounds, but you will definitely lose cm's. I did 2 rounds of 30DS and lots 6 pounds and 17 inches. It made a huge difference to my waist and back. I love the workout because you get such great results!
  • jareya
    jareya Posts: 12 Member
    I think doing both would be a great idea - you'll burn more calories with Zumba and tone up your body with the Shred. Plus, doing both adds some variety to your workouts. Good luck!