I dont understand what s going on !!!!

Options
I just don't understand. I have been drinking lots of water, working out 4 times this week. , eating good. But I didn't loss anything.
I just dont get it. I do 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 20 on the ellipitcal. free weights. Thats the only things that are around that I can do. Any ideas what I should try?

Replies

• amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im so right there with you!! I know it can be soooo frustrating. I only lost .4 of a lb. this week and really increased my workouts!

My thoughts for me, and maybe you can take something from this to help you...
    Make a few goals a week...for me it is drinking more water this week, and keeping to only one cheat day.

Also,a few questions we can ask ourselves.... really look back at your diet..are you eating at your BMR? are you pushing yourself and mixing up your workouts (intervals, diferent time of day etc) could you cut back on your carbs a few days or at night? How is your sodium, sugar, and processed carb intake, is it too high? Can you increase the amount of lean protein your eating? Are you eating too much dairy?

Hang in there, but mostly we can't stress...b/c our bodies are sensitive to stress and that would make us hold onto the weight even more..
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand. I have been drinking lots of water, working out 4 times this week. , eating good. But I didn't loss anything.
    I just dont get it. I do 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 20 on the ellipitcal. free weights. Thats the only things that are around that I can do. Any ideas what I should try?

You didn't lose for one week or you haven't lost over a long period of time?

If it's just one week, that happens and is normal.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you're probably undereating
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain weight in a week, you won't lose it in a week. Give it some time.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1/2 an apple and string cheese and hand full of peanuts for an ami haven't been really lossing for about a month or more. I just can not get passed 166-162. Every time I weigh in its some where between there. Help...
  • rml_16
    Options
    I usually eat 1/2 an apple and string cheese and hand full of peanuts for an ami haven't been really lossing for about a month or more. I just can not get passed 166-162. Every time I weigh in its some where between there. Help...

Please stop with the vague information. "Haven't been really losing" means what? You haven't lost at all? You've lost and regained for no obvious reason? You're losing slowly?

Are you being honest about your calories? A lot of people overestimate calories burned and underestimate calories eaten, either by not actually weighing and measuring food or by failing to properly log everything, like the random bites of things that they don't think matter, but that can add up.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Also, your ticker says you've lost 21 pounds. Have you adjusted your calorie intake?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Since you've lost more than 20 lbs. so far, have you reset your goals/settings? The less you weigh the less you can eat. Your MFP calorie limit should have decreased. Play around with your settings and see how it changes.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    your diary is set for 1200 calories. You probably need to eat MORE. You take in too few cals your body stores them rather than burn them. People think eating 1200 calories is the way to go, but often its not...not nearly enough for your weight. I am set to lose .5 lbs a week and I weigh 160 and I have my calories at 1800. I lose weight like CRAZY and I don't workout nearly as often as you.
  • LaLaMicha
    LaLaMicha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Is it possible we are eating too little? I basically stay under 1200 calories. Have been doing this for years. I am going to try staying between 1200-1500 and see what happens. I am beyond frustrated with all the tie and energy I am putting in and not seeing results. I only have 10 pounds to lose. Any suggestions would be helpful.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    No. Should I up my calorie intake . If so I what shouldI i sethave it at. or lower it to what...

I think I have been logging it right. When I go to the gym. I go by the machines calorie counter.
  • rml_16
    Options
    No. Should I up my calorie intake . If so I what shouldI i sethave it at. or lower it to what...

I think I have been logging it right. When I go to the gym. I go by the machines calorie counter.

It is very likely the machines are giving you a too-high calorie count. There are notoriously inaccurate, thought a few are on target. There's really no way to know for sure.

I would lower my calories before upping them. If you still don't lose, maybe try eating more. Everyone's body is different and will react to lowering or raising calories differently.

But since you've lost weight and are now at a plateau, I suspect you need to eat less.
  • rml_16
    Options

It is very likely the machines are giving you a too-high calorie count. There are notoriously inaccurate, thought a few are on target. There's really no way to know for sure.

I would lower my calories before upping them. If you still don't lose, maybe try eating more. Everyone's body is different and will react to lowering or raising calories differently.

But since you've lost weight and are now at a plateau, I suspect you need to eat less.
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Is it possible we are eating too little? I basically stay under 1200 calories. Have been doing this for years. I am going to try staying between 1200-1500 and see what happens. I am beyond frustrated with all the tie and energy I am putting in and not seeing results. I only have 10 pounds to lose. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    You are eating too little...I was doing the same thing....check out this group "the olivia method" Many people have had great luck with it and Im also doing it...essentially you are eating your BMR...check it out:-)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Try doing different workouts and mixing it up more. Your body can get used to workouts and you stop seeing results.

Up your weight and/or resistance for strength training. Up your resistance on the elliptical and up the incline on the treadmill. That should help kick you into a higher gear.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Have you done measurements? Chances are, even though you aren't losing pounds, you're losing inches. Good luck!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just took a gander at your diary. For the last couple of days, you've run a 900 calorie deficit. It may sound counter intuitive, but you need to eat more. MFP put me down to 1200 cals and I stopped losing altogether. I increased to 1300 cals and started losing again.

Try to eat within 100 cals of your goal for a week and see what happens..
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and I don't think that you are eating enough?
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I only weigh every two months, usually the second week after my cycle. Otherwise I measure.

So be patient and measure. You will see more results that way than on the scale. Simply because muscle weighs more than fat, and you are woman, you are going to have water wt gain as well.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking your measurements? I have found that my sizes will drop before the number on the scale does. I have learned to put a lot more faith and emphasis on what the tape measure says and not the scale.