Weight Training no calories when I log on the tracker??

Options
Hi guys cardio work tracks as calories lost - but when I enter some of my weight training sets - it does not show any calories used - can anyone help please?

Thanks - Tim

Replies

• cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I track my sets and reps under the Weight Lifting tracker but then enter the time in the "Cardio" area under Weight Training (search on weight under the cardio section) and just give the number of minutes I trained. Under Cardio is also a circuit training category if your doing that type of workout.
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's annoying because if you are pushing it, your heart rate is up and you are sweating. If you are just sitting there most of the time, then it's probably right ;)

I usually log the exercises because I want to know, and then add circuit training but for about a quarter of the time and call it good. So if I lifted for 1 hour, I'll add circuit training for 15-20 minutes. It's definitely not right, but it is close enough for my purposes.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    look under cardio - there's a place to enter weight training - do that and it will count calories
  • printinthebag
    Options
    Hi all many thanks for all your repllies what a great forum (this is my first post) - that is a great help I will look under cardio for some time to add in. Thanks again! Tim
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use my strength training as my "buffer" for the miscalculations with calories burned and calories eaten. I figured there is often an overestimating of the calories burned and an underestimating of the calories eaten so I don't count the calories burned from any strength training to compensate for that.
  • printinthebag
    Options
    slashkiss - that sounds like the way to go as I just tracked 20 mins of weight training and was 95calories - so yes this is good for any miscalcs - good call thanks for the advice! Tim