who logs house cleaning for exercise?

Options
I realize that we all clean our houses as part of a daily routine (or at least should :smile: )......but I am talking about not the daily keep tidy.......

i mean vacuuming, mopping floors, dusting.......etc..........weekend cleaning that can take a few hours.

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    if youre breaking a major sweat i say log it :wink:
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    I drink so much water that I log the trips to the bathroom, lol. just kidding
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, like if I wash a wax my car....i break a sweat
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do, since I do not clean everyday it is an event when I do it once a week and it is about 3 hours long lol.
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do. It's consuming my Saturday and MFP has it listed as an exercise. Damned right I'm taking credit. :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It depends what I'm doing. If I'm doing major cleaning, then definitely. If I'm doing light stuff (dishes, dusting), then usually I don't. I should add, however, that I have my diary set to "sedentary".
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I log it when I vacuum and mop. It takes hours and it's really tiring! Everything else, I don't log because it's not tiring, just boring!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i log it if it takes me more than a half hour to do it
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Lol... I don't clean often, but if I am cleaning out my work-out room I might, as it can take around 3+ hours of moving weight rack, plates, machine, barbells, dumbbells etc. ...and moving them back, Lol. But seldom ever log it.
  • bogartsbabe
    Options
    LOG IT!!!:happy:
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i log it if it takes me more than a half hour to do it

I do the same. I also find I'm proportionately more hungry when I clean for a long time.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do this every saturday... i clean for like at least 4 hours which includes house from TOP to BOTTOM... and i mean every corner, so HELL YEAH i log this in!!!!! I also wear a HRM for accuracy:)
  • sdailey4
    sdailey4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since I'm a stay at home mom I just changed my life style from sedentary to lightly active or whatever the next one is b/c I am constantly cleaning up after someone and didn't ever think about that as being active.
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree....If sweat is present...loggit! some kals are being burned...deep cleaning, moving furniture, redecorating all can be logged in my oppinion.....
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If it's more cleaning than usual - like major moving of furniture and takes longer than 1/2 hr - I log it. I can work up more of a sweat cleaning sometimes than doing a normal workout.
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't. I feel like that is something that would fall under "normal daily activity"
  • KariePerez
    Options
    I do cleaning you house the way you are talking about is a lot of work. If you are doing it right you are sweating by the end of the day. I know I am.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No me; that rarely counts for anything, yet I see some making it their "cardio". If you're doing this, and it's working, good for you - don't stop! I would not.

I rate that right up there with this fat friend of mine who wears a meter that supposedly tracks how far he walks in a day, and he counts that as his walking - lol He is still gaining weight - duh!

It's absurd, but if you clean daily, let that be reflected instead in your activity level in "settings".
    That's my take, but again, if you are making this work, hat's off!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I only log exercise that I do solely for the sake of exercise. The exception would be hiking or something. That is clearly physical, but done for enjoyment rather than simply for exercise.

I also don't congratulate my MFPals on their exercise burns when cleaning. :huh:
  • susanmax
    Options
    I log the heavy cleaning! But like one of the other people wrote I have my status set as sedentary! So anything that I break a sweat on counts/. I just make sure that I am cleaning vigorously!