Has Anyone Ever Tried Arctic Zero

This afternoon when I was at Whole Foods, I was looking for a dessert that was low in fat and calories and still tasted delicious. I found a dessert in the ice cream section called Artctic Zero. It is fat free, dairy and gluten free, and around 30 something calories per serving and 150 for the entire pint! I decided to purchase the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I had a spoonful when I got home and it is absolutely delicious! It has the consistantcy of combination of an Italian Ice/Sorbet and it leaves no aftertaste as some of the soy desserts that I have tried, do!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    <--- tried it and thought it was horrible. I am going to speculate that I got a really, really awful flavor. I purchased cookies and cream.

I would much rather just fit frozen yogurt or Edy's slow churned into my macros than have to eat Arctic Zero again, but maybe I'll brave another flavor sometime soon.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    I tried the chocolate peanut butter and chocolate mint and thought they were both pretty bad. I guess after hearing people rave about it I thought it would taste just like ice cream and obviously it doesn't. I'll wait and save my calories for real ice cream every now and then.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    how much did it cost?? I might try it if it's not too expensive!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    I'm too much of an ice cream fanatic / purist to go for that stuff. Tastes junky.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    OMG I want to try it so badly! They sell it at a smoothie shop here in Seattle near DS' preschool. It has a lot of protein, too, right?
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    I tried it as a milkshake and it was waaayy better than eating it regularly. I'm not a huge fan, but it was alright.
  • Um so I had to try it ever though the reviews were mixed...the vanilla maple is great...the texture is more like Italian ice...but still fab. And as far as cost..it was $3.99 at whole foods...not to bad
  • kittenfacesarah
    kittenfacesarah Posts: 2 Member
    I had the Cookies and Cream and only made it through a few bites---sooo gross!
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    I actually really like it. I tried cookies and cream, and it wasn't exactly like ice cream, but the low calories made it so worth it! It's too expensive though, and they don't sell it around me.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    I liked it. It isn't dairy free, it is lactose free. It has whey protein.

I only tried the strawberry, I heard the other ones weren't that tasty.
  • Update...the chocolate is awesome...and I should have taken the advice on the cookies and cream...it edible but kinda weird
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I tried some and they were OK and some were bad. It's basically just putting a protein shake in the freezer.

If you're interested in non dairy ice cream try the so delicious coconut ice creams. There are a ton of flavors like peppermint chocolate chip, cookie dough, etc and I've seen it at a few places like Trader Joe's and Publix so it's not terrible to find.
  • I tried some and they were OK and some were bad. It's basically just putting a protein shake in the freezer

Exactly how I felt, I only had the cookies and cream though.