So many calories left over and not hungry!

Options
I have over 1,000 calories left for the day. I have only had a little over 1,200 (normal is 2,090 due to being a 'waitress' and my weight) for the day. I logged my like 3 hour cleaning spree for the day, which gave me a lot of extra calories. I could snack on things like some multigrain Pringles, but I am also trying to stay low on my sodium. I'm not even really hungry! I'm halfway through my chicken sandwich for dinner, and it's tasty and delicious, but I'm not even really hungry. I'm in a wonderful mood. I just got new candles. Gingerbread something something and a winter berries scent. I have heard before that certain smells and candles can make you not feel hungry. But I thought it was just like a bowl of fresh fruit that gives off the aroma and makes you feel full. I don't want to feel like I'm depriving my body, but I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry! What do you all think?!

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry then don't eat
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    As long as you've eaten your 1200 calories, I'd say its fine.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Not hungry, don't eat. Scented candles can make you feel that way. Drink some water.
  • carrie564
    carrie564 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If your body isn't hungry, then it doesn't need it. Don't eat. Everyone's body is totally different. I have a super slow metabolism, so even with working out hard 6 days a week, I can only eat between 1200-1400 calories/day to lose ONE POUND a week. It really really bites, because I overeat like crazy (I don't FEEL full).

Be extremely grateful for this wonderful GIFT of not overeating! :) Just remember to keep drinking water (that's not something you can skip out on if you don't 'feel like it')
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat your exercise calories either. You are good. When your body says it is full, listen.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't eat if you're not hungry..you seem to be getting enough calories in. I am also a server and I don't count work as exercise or house work or anything like that...I feel like my body is used to it, so I don't really think that I am burning a lot of calories that way. JMO =)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    If you aren't using a heart rate monitor, I'd be careful about trying to eat back all your calories from "cleaning" or simply working.
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM....I AM THE OPPOSITE SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is what happened to me yesterday. My goal is 1,350 calories a day, but I worked out too yesterday so my goal was higher. I only consumed 850 calories (yes I know, you are supposed to have at least 1,200) but I was not only feeling full, I was feeling sick as if I ate too much food. I didn't want to overeat, but I had over 700 calories left for the day.

I just figured it was only one day, and I would be fine as long as it's not a constant thing. You shouldn't have to eat if you aren't hungry.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i think it would only be a problem if this was an ongoing thing.

but one day?

no biggie.

i have noticed that some things like cleaning or something I do all the time makes my body get used to it and I end up not burning as many calories as MFP says I do.
  • amber_bamber09
    amber_bamber09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry either. I have only eaten 773 of my 1210 and burned 486 making my net only 287. I feel like I haven't eaten enough for the day but I am not hungry at all.
  • LizCabrera
    LizCabrera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    if you've reached 1200 calories you are not depriving your body! That is healthy. Just because your burned calories doesn't mean you have to consume them. If you're trying to lose weight, burning more calories than you consume is the way to go as long as you reached the healthy 1200 calories
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree if you're not hungry then don't eat...

I will say though that I don't agree with one thing. If you have your profile set to being active in your daily life then you don't need to log your cleaning. I personally feel it's redundant to say your active and then logging those calories. Just my opinion.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Your calories are like mine: high.
    I would lose my mind eating like some folks to lose weight.

Anyway, when I was losing 4 lbs per week at the start of my journey, I was going as low as 1800, and it seemed like starvation.
    But I lost 60 lbs doing that, so this 1 lb per week is a piece of cake.

I don't really even feel deprived except I don't get the junk food I was killing myself with 24/7.

Thanks for sharing this; you are well on your way.
  • Sd0510
    Options

I will say though that I don't agree with one thing. If you have your profile set to being active in your daily life then you don't need to log your cleaning. I personally feel it's redundant to say your active and then logging those calories. Just my opinion.

I agree with this. I put myself as completely unactive, but then I add in the walking I do from class to class and to my car because it changes every day.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Send some spare calories my way! I can easily find something to do with them! Ha. I only log stuff like working (I work in a restaurant too) and cleaning because I am set as sedentary. If you already have your profile selected to active, that accounts for daily activities like work and cleaning so there would be no need to log twice. I like having mine as sedentary because it assumes I do nothing but sit on my butt all day so I dont feel bad logging activities like cleaning and light walking.
  • Sd0510
    Options
    Send some spare calories my way! I can easily find something to do with them! Ha. I only log stuff like working (I work in a restaurant too) and cleaning because I am set as sedentary. If you already have your profile selected to active, that accounts for daily activities like work and cleaning so there would be no need to log twice. I like having mine as sedentary because it assumes I do nothing but sit on my butt all day so I dont feel bad logging activities like cleaning and light walking.

That is exactly what I was trying to say, but unfourtunately I am bad with words. Haha. =)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

I agree with this.