fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-December

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all!

You have joined by posting here. Like many of you, I use to be taller too. I am 58 and no longer 5'3". This past year has been extremely stressful and I put weight back on for the first time since joining MFP. I am looking towards 2012 to get back on track and get the last 22 pounds off for good.

:drinker: Here's to us all coming up with some good strategies to make it through the holidays without gaining any weight.

Jeannie
  • jevans918
    jevans918 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen and I'm 5'3" and 26. I just had a baby four months ago and really need to get in shape. I would love to join :)
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm about 5'3" and would love other fun sized friends! I have always wanted to be tall so that I could stretch out my hiney! LOL! Feel free to friend me!
  • malarmy
    Options
    I am five feet and 130 pounds! I've been looking for people my size on MFP. You all understand that ANY bit of weight (up or down) makes a HUGE difference. I've been this size for about 8 years and I've always wanted to be down around 115, but I just haven't been able to lose the weight. When you are at this size, it takes an incredible amount of determination and hard work. Here's to helping each other through this!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Hi everybody! I would love the opportunity to interact with those close to my size! Some of you are half a foot taller than me though >.> I'm a staggering 4'9"! My short stature is caused by a growth hormone deficiency, as is much of my extra weight. I have a very slow metabolism, which makes it extremely hard to see any effects. I'm 122 right now, down from 126. My short term goal is to get down to 110, and my long term goal is to get down to 90-95.

I'm very excited to have a group of other people I can relate to!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: wow, this group is huge right now........I am determined to post here often and in time I'll get to know all of you and be able to respond individually.

:bigsmile: I know that there are lots of different ways to burn calories and the trick is to find what works and do it.

:bigsmile: walking works for me and I have dogs that like to walk so that's the main part of my exercise.....I don't even consider joining a gym or running or doing some of the popular workout videos......I just keep doing what works.......the best exercise is the one that you'll do.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join. i'm 5'3"...
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hope it's not too late to join in

i'm 4'11" and 175.8lbs.

my goal is 120lbs.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I want in! I'm 5'1, 25 year old mother of 2. Lost 23 pounds so far..looking so loose another 50!!!
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello. I would love to join! I'm 5' 2". I never really had a problem with weight until recently. A little over a year ago I started taking antidepressants and they made me gain about 50 lbs!! I recently got off the meds because I feel better and didn't want to gain anymore weight. I tried dieting while I was on them but it just didn't work. I am now ready to drop this weight for good!

I am in the same boat! I have been on antidepressants for 18 years, when I started having panic attacks. About a year and a half ago, I decided I was over it. I stoppped taking my meds and easily lost 56 lbs. About 6 months ago I started taking them again when my daughter became ill, and I found myself not coping very well. Within 6 months I have gained back almost 30 lbs. Grrrrrrr. I am off my medication again, and determined to lose those 30 lbs, and another 15. Wheeeeee

Btw, I am 5'3" :)
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I am 4'10. I started out at 178 pounds on January 1st of this year and now I weigh 145. I would like to get down to 125. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Meghan
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in at 5'3"! I'm 47 until Sunday and have been losing since Aug 15th. I reset my goal from 162 to 150 but I'm at 170 now with 23 lbs lost. I'm not much of a work outer but I'm getting a heart rate monitor for my birthday so when I walk the dogs and do 30DS I know my calories burned are correct. Feel free to send me friend requests "little ones".

11134420.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rescueangel
    rescueangel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone....Count me in!!
    I'm 5'2" and trying to lose 36lbs. I was 120lbs for so long......now I just want to see 130!!!
    Looking forward to the support here.
  • butterfly_
    butterfly_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2" and new to MFP. I would love to be a part of this group! My goal is to lose 25 lbs. Since starting I have lost 4 lbs and some inches as well. I do not have any friends on MFP yet so if anyone would like to friend me, please do so.
  • 1bigtabbycat
    1bigtabbycat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays --- I am 5'4" and 35 yrs old - started out in June at 254 --- today I am sucessfully down to 214. I still have 15 pounds before I hit my first goal ... it was a big goal. It came off fast at first, but now it comes off very slowly. I don't let that discourage me. I Zumba twice a week and my husband and I play table tennis at least twice a week. Every little bit of excercise helps! My biggest goal is to be at 165 - and I would like to acheive that by June ... my anniversary month of losing weight. That was the weight I held my junior year of high school and felt the BEST! I know I can do it - I just have to be realistic that it will take time.
    Good luck all - you can do it!!!
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 130 lbs. 44-yrs ..(mom of 3 )

My goal is around 115 lbs.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I would like to join! I am a great big 4' 11" my current weight is 127 I would love to see 110. Being short is crazy at times.... like buying clothes, I mean for real the petites are too long lol! Over all I guess its all good. I started MFP being over 200 lbs so I have actually lost the bulk of my weight but like many others after having two kids my body is just shot! It's time to start toning now (prob should have been doing this all along) hopefully that will make things go back into place!
  • jcposton
    jcposton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am about 5-2 birthday in Feb the big 50. I have lost 15 lbs since joining MFP current weight is 166 would love to be at around 125 (I think). Weight is coming off slow for me, but trying to stay accountable with all I eat and drinking lots of water I am seeing changes. Would love to join this group and have other short friends. Please add me as a friend. Wishing everyone much continued success on this journey.
  • tyler0007
    tyler0007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi just signed up for this group,,,i'm 4'9 and 56 ibs...
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!! I'm 36 years old, a wife of 10 years, mother to a 5 1/2 year old and an 19 month old and work full time. I'm 5'4" with my shoes on and just weighed in today at 168.8!!! I met my Christmas goal early.....my pre-baby weight was 170 and I've been working hard to get back there and I did!!!

I'm halfway to my "final" goal of 145 (but plan on reevaluating when I get there). It's hard not to think/write "if" in that statement because in my 10 years of marriage I have only been that low on a very unhealthy unsustainable diet that I quickly gained all the weight + more when I stopped it.

I'm a little off the exercise wagon lately but watching my diet and making positive choices has allowed to me continue my weight loss and I'm hoping to take advantage of my gym membership soon. Hoping I can be a support to you all as I know you will be a support to me!!!