Shakeology

Options
I have 8 packets of chocolate shakeology with me but there taste awful, can someone give me an idea how to use them, with milk or anything else which will make them taste better.

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, if you think it's awful that might be hard lol. I actually like the taste of it. I find that I like it better with vanilla soy milk than regular milk. I really like it with bananas or peanut butter blended in also, maybe give that a try. I think strawberries or raspberries would be good too but haven't tried it yet.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have 8 packets of chocolate shakeology with me but there taste awful, can someone give me an idea how to use them, with milk or anything else which will make them taste better.

I use Ideal shape...OMG, so much cheaper and Tastes FABULOUS!!!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like the taste but I use mine with almond milk.
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Do you have Chocolate or Greenberry? I am a Beachbody Coach and I never tell people about the Greenberry because in my experience no one likes it. The Chocolate however is the bom diggity LOL. I usually mix it with skim milk or vanilla almond milk. If you have a blender you can add ice or some fruit. I am also a Body By Vi Distributor and I like it too because it is a Sweet Cream Flavor and you add whatever to it and it tastes really good, of course the best perk is that it is half the price of Shakeology. If you have any questions, just send me a personal message and I can send you some recipes.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    When I drank it, I'd add some cinnamon and ice cubes. The colder, the better. It made a world of difference in my opinion.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Do you have Chocolate or Greenberry? I am a Beachbody Coach and I never tell people about the Greenberry because in my experience no one likes it. The Chocolate however is the bom diggity LOL. I usually mix it with skim milk or vanilla almond milk. If you have a blender you can add ice or some fruit. I am also a Body By Vi Distributor and I like it too because it is a Sweet Cream Flavor and you add whatever to it and it tastes really good, of course the best perk is that it is half the price of Shakeology. If you have any questions, just send me a personal message and I can send you some recipes.

I tried the chocolate and it was beyond horrible. It sis NOT satisfy my hunger and it was the worst taste of all. It was also the most expensive. It is rated 4th by shake review which is an independent company. I think this company charges so much to pay the coaches. Ideal Shape is the best.
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Don't know about charging so much to pay the coaches...........we have to buy our products if we use them and we have to pay a monthly fee. They charge for all the vitamins, minerals and other healthy ingredients in the shake. I really enjoy the chocolate and it gives me super energy!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

trash it and get something that you like the taste of and has a better nutritional profile
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    put it in the blender with some frozen bananas and milk
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Sell them. They cost way too much to have to put another $2 worth of food to make them taste better.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Better idea, SELL THEM! They are worth >$4 each, hit ebay or sell on Craig's List for an easy local transaction and help out someone who doesn't want to pay the $120+ shipping cost.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    ....find a homeless person who happens to have dumbbells and give them to him?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    ....find a homeless person who happens to have dumbbells and give them to him?

That was hysterical!!! I needed to laugh...TY
  • yankeegurl
    Options

trash it and get something that you like the taste of and has a better nutritional profile

What could possibly have a better nutritional profile??
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Real food for one
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Yer kidding right. Man 4 bucks for something I can make for about a dollar and a half or less. And I would be fuller from it too....

And I second the notion for real food. If the purpose for getting the shakeology is to build muscle, the best way is to eat food. Not processed food but good old whole food.
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you I have not been able to budge my weight since 2000. 2 children stressful job, menopause all caused me to become a stress eater. I turn 50 next year and truly I want to lose atleast 10 pounds. With each minor weight gain my self esteem secretly takes a hit.
    I thought shakeology or anything could just jumpstart my weightloss .Somethings got to give and I am in the quest to find it, in the meantime I will keep walking, drinking water and watch what I eat.Thanks to all for the input.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with milk or water in the blender with a few ice cubes and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I use Ideal shape...OMG, so much cheaper and Tastes FABULOUS!!!

I second that! IdealShape taste wonderful! I never mind drinking it.
  • BrittC75
    Options
    Shakeology is fantastic! It may be a bit pricey, but all the nutrition and benefits are worth it. It has not only helped me to break my weight loss plateau, but has aided my digestion! I no longer have issues with IBD and GERD, after years of it. There are a ton of recipes that you can use with chocolate.

Salted Caramel Chocolate
    1 scoop/packet chocolate Shakeology, 1 cup non-fat milk, 1 tsp. caramel extract, a dash sea salt (optional), tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.

Chunky Monkey
    1 scoop/packet chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or skim milk), 1/2 cup water, 1/2 banana (best if frozen), 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (or tbsp PB2), 1/3 cup ground granola, tall glass full of ice, ground the granola first in your blender and then add all the other ingredients and blend again until smooth.

Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
    1 scoop/packet of chocolate Shakeology, 1-1.5 cups cold brewed coffee, 1/4 cup non-fat milk, 1/8 tsp peppermints extract, tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.

Butterfinger Blizzard
    1 scoop/packet of chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or regular skim milk),1/2 cup of water,1 tbsp of natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp Butterscotch Jell-O powder, tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.

Rocky Road
    1 scoop/packet of chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or regular skim milk),1/2 cup of water,1 tbsp of natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp marshmallow dip (sugar free, fat free), tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.

Cinnamon Roll
    1 scoop/packet Chocolate Shakeology, 1 cup skim milk, 1 tsp cinnamon,½ tsp vanilla extract,8 pecan halves, tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.

Chocolate Almond Chai
    1 scoop/packet Chocolate Shakeology, 1 cup chilled unsweetened chai tea, 1 tsp almond extract, , tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries
    1 scoop/packet Chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup nonfat milk or almond milk, tall glass of ice, and combine and blend until smooth.