When do you log weight loss?

Options
Do you log at each new pound dropped? Or do you wait until its around 5lbs? What about when your weight fluctuates? I know this is all opinion based but I'm curious what other people do.

Replies

• ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    I choose one day a week, Sunday for me, and that is the day that I long my weight.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm new so I'm sure it's not great, but I log often. Whenever I lose (as long as I have consistent weigh ins 2 days running. If i'm gaining, i wait 2-3 days to see if it doesn't balance out (if it's 1-2 lbs, since it could be water)...
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every day and I was posting it every day, but there was such fluctuation, that I stopped and generally post it weekly.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week and log whether i lose or gain. and every couple of weeks to a month i also do measurements.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh myself every day, 'cause I'm nosey, but I won't log any weight loss until I've seen a whole pound loss 3 days in a row. I figure it takes that long to be "real".
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    I weigh and post on Mondays. Knowing I am going to do this helps on the weekends when my life is less structured and my meals less well-planned.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I weigh and post it daily. I'm just anal about doing it I guess. If it goes up then it goes up if it goes down it goes down. I try not to stress over fluctuations to much. Most of the time I know its coming before I step on the scale. It keeps me on the straight and narrow.
  • plagirl227
    Options
    I have a set "weigh in" day (Saturday) and I only log losses. So if I'm up a pound or whatever, I don't log it...
  • bakerrat
    bakerrat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and keep a running log on a pocket calendar. Every Saturday I do the average for the week and log it as my weigh in. I feel this helps as I can modify my diet or exercise if a particular couple days are high and it also controls against highs or lows due to water. So with this system I definitely know the weight loss is real and not just varying water as long as week to week weigh ins keep averaging lower.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have a set "weigh in" day (Saturday) and I only log losses. So if I'm up a pound or whatever, I don't log it...

This is what I do as well.
  • Swanz21
    Swanz21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Everyday would drive me crazy watching weight go up and down. Once a week would not give me enough feedback that the things I am doing are right and might need to change a few things.
  • shannon1120
    shannon1120 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

^^^ This is what I do too!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I weigh morning and evenings (I know it's a bit OCD) but I try to log only my Friday morning weight each week on MFP. HOWEVER, I sometimes cheat a little. If I drop weight by Thursday, sometimes I'll post it a day early and if I don't lose by Friday, I'll sometimes wait and see if Saturday yields better results.

I only log a gain if it hangs around for more than a week.
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I'mm actually really terrible about weighing myself. I do it whenever I have the chance. I only log on Sundays though, whether I gain or lose. I find that if I don't log my gains, I have trouble holding myself accountable.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I weigh and post it daily. I'm just anal about doing it I guess. If it goes up then it goes up if it goes down it goes down. I try not to stress over fluctuations to much. Most of the time I know its coming before I step on the scale. It keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I can't stand the thought of adding any weight to my tracker. It's probably one of the only things that keeps me from weighing myself five times a day!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself probably 6 of seven days a week! However, I only log the Sunday weigh ins (except I got a bit frisky because of reaching the 20lb mark recently ha ha).

This way I dont get discouraged by everyday fluctuations because MFP shows me the actual change every week. If I log every week on a certain day the trends are easier to see on paper.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I log once a week on Sunday's ... Check my weight again on Wednesday to make sure I'm on track and tweak if needed
  • rosepetals_03
    rosepetals_03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but I don't log my "new weight" unless I've seen it stay there for about a week! LOL I don't wanna log it up a pound and back down, so I wait untill I stay the same weight for about a week or so then decide it's worth it :)
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing myself about three times a week. On Fridays and Mondays for two challenges I'm participating in, and then I usually get curious and weigh in again on wednesday. I log loses and gains, but I've found this way makes me lose track of how much I'm actually losing per week.
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    I only ever weigh and log weight on a saturday... I never check scales during week either... It seems a little over top for me. I also log gains as well as losses other wise i would find myself not being accountable...