5 pound in 5 days...looking to keep the momentum

Options
New from new jersey...had a great first week. Set my goal calories to 1500 a day and stuck to it. Eventually looking to get from 245 to 160. First milestone is 200. Could use any friends who can help keep up the momentum. I know I'm going to hit some rough patches...seen some great success stories. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the supportive writing.

Replies

• vitahill
    vitahill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    we have similar goals! I wish losing 1lb/day would be the norm for 50 days but I don't think it's going to be that easy....
  • greg331
    Options
    Thanks...btw, I spend 90 percent of my day doing writing and research and can't stand typos...should be "5 pounds" in the title, but I guess everyone gets it...and who said eating had nothing to do with the stress of attempting perfection. I need a life!
  • rouianne
    Options
    i wish we were all in the same area... lol... maybe we can all help each other out... unfortunately, my gym is so full of already fit people, it makes me feel very much like sludge that got dragged into a sterile environment...

btw! good job... wish i could do the 1lb off a day but i think that might be unhealthy seeing as its most likely water weight that's going bye bye..
  • greg331
    Options
    I've done this before...it falls off for the first two weeks and then slows...I'll be losing water when I start crying if it's all water...
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Greg, other than being a bit older (54) it looks like we have a lot in common. I retired from the Coast Guard after 30 years in 20007 and was also in finance, I started at 252 and want to get to about 195, get into smaller jeans and see a few hints of a rib cage vs. "hand grips". I never want see the "dark side" of 200 again!

I've just past my 50th consecutive day, lost 22 pounds and have seen the 220's (229.7) for the first time since the mid to early 90's. What's been working for me is planning ahead, posting all my meals the first thing in the morning, treadmill twice a day (totaling 30 to 60+ minutes) and logging in every day everything I have (knowledge is power when it come to a diet!). The exercise allows me the bonus of enjoying an occasional few slices of pizza, a dip into the ice cream, and even a bagel on occasion. The definite key for my success so far is the daily logging and exercise. Don't think I would have made it this far otherwise.

If you need a friend for support, send me a friend request and we can do this together!

p.s. Get the app for your smart phone if you don't have it already!
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Just stick to it and you will get there. Water weight or not, it has to go! Set your sites on fat burners such as tomatoes, vinegar, beets, brussels sprouts.... things like that. Green Tea is very big with me! Major fat burner!! You can google fat burning foods and get all kinds of lists. MFP is a great place to track your food but always double check your labels, I have found that they can be off from time to time. Good luck to you and don't give up.
  • greg331
    Options
    Thanks so much!! -g