For those who shop at Whole Foods...

Options
LaSutopia
LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
I got a $20 voucher for Whole Foods and I have never shopped there really. I have been in there and I know kinda what they are about but I have not actually shopped there. I am going tomorrow to use the voucher and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what I should get. What is your favorite thing there? Maybe something you can't get anywhere else, or something that is really low calorie but very good...I don't know, whatever! LOL

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I adore Whole Foods.
    Great fresh organic produce! Some favorites:
    Kale chips
    Vegan Jerky
    Bulk section (lentils, beans, etc)
    Freshly ground peanut butter (you grind it yourself- no added oils/sugars or salts!)
    Meatless products

I pretty much love everything about that store (except for the prices =/)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I adore Whole Foods.
    Kale chips
    Vegan Jerky
    Freshly ground peanut butter (you grind it yourself- no added oils/sugars or salts!)
    Meatless products

Yea that is why I don't shop there....the $. The peanut butter sounds cool though...I love the idea of things in bulk like that...I don't know why I just do LOL
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I adore Whole Foods.
    Kale chips
    Vegan Jerky
    Meatless products

Yea that is why I don't shop there....the $. The peanut butter sounds cool though...I love the idea of things in bulk like that...I don't know why I just do LOL
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I adore Whole Foods.
    Kale chips
    Vegan Jerky
    Meatless products

• LaSutopia
    Options
    I adore Whole Foods.
    Kale chips
    Vegan Jerky
    Meatless products

• ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    depending what wholefoods you go to you can get a whole bunch of different things.

my absolute fav is their sushi bars - they do these great carb-less ricepaper wraps with really fresh sashimi inside - so low calorie, filling and delicious...

they also have rice paper rolls with a AMAZING peanut sauce which I'm sure is very bad for you but is AMAZNG!!!

their salad bars are fabulous and fresh, and they have great produce in their deli section - great grilled fish, chicken, vegetarian options...

I LOVE WHOELFOODS!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    ok my connection is totally wiggin out and I have not idea why it posted that second comment so many times! Just pay no attention to that!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    They have a dipping sauce in the vegetable isle called Dijon wasabi sauce and it will clear your nose right up! So good with pretzels!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Walk in and start looking is all I can say! You will be AMAZED at all the fun stuff to try! I can spend HOURS just Looking! Our Whole Foods has a coffee shop/smoothie bar, hot bar, and preped food bar with foods that you can taste, and I say Try EVERYTHING!

Whole foods is a whole other world. Enjoy the new experience. :-)

Thanks for Sharing!

SLB
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I really wish we had a whole foods store where I live! I would be their #1 customer!!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Best fruits and veggies around. I wish i had one near me and I hope they eventually build one. Columbus is just too far to drive.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    their produce is great. Some things i cant really find anywhere else
    -blue sky stevia soda
    -rice dream rice milk ice cream
    -tea tree tooth pics
    -organic/vegan frozen items

Pretty much everything like produce/meats/cheeses have been fantastic.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    "-tea tree tooth pics"

oh wow, someone else that loves those? :happy: i keep them in my car- they are perfect for like wen that appt went waaay too long or stuck in traffic and you're starting to wonder if you can make it home to eat....it's such a different taste that it gives your taste buds something to do until you get home to your (long delayed) nice planned meal.

OP- whole foods is wonderful!! give yourself a good block of time to explore all they offer. so much goodness all in one place....
  • polly_polly
    polly_polly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I probably got the same voucher as you. My $20 got me:

1. a large bag of frozen local strawberries ($10) and
    2. two pounds heirloom tomatoes ($4.99 per lb - sale price).

I recommend both greatly.

For many staples that you can get elsewhere, Whole Foods is not worth it, IMO.
  • sarahlovestorun
    sarahlovestorun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do is to go there to lunch and to treat myself to sushi, gelato, and green tea. The meal usually comes to around $20, so I say give yourself a delicious healthy lunch one day this week :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i buy lots of bulk stuff (lentils, quinoa, etc)
    hair and beauty products (i can ONLY find the leave-in conditioner i like for my hair there)
    snack bars (i'm a fan of Pure bars. keep me full for quite a while)
    yogurt (Wallaby is a yummy brand, lots of flavors)
    dear lord, their bakery.
    and their beer selection.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The larger stores have prepared food bars that are delicious. And at those prices, you'll stay within your calorie limits ;)
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Nice post.I have a hard time getting out,so i have a small list
    Of things I need,like some spices,coconut sugar,thanks to a post
    i read here!! & one i just learned. .o.m.g....I LOVE LOVE. TEA
    TREE OIL,(for skin,cuts,etc. ONLY!!!!)) Who knew there is a
    Toothpick.Now...We do.Happy me.Great idea,thanks.Also,
    nutritional yeast & fermented sauer kraut. If i remember. More
    I will post later,just got up.Have my days & nights mixed
    again, Anyone else like that?? Horrid......
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Their produce is amazing, and a lot of their prepared food is sooooooo good. (mmmm hummus). My sister used to live and die for their olive bar. =)
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OMG! I live in the UK but have family in CT and I adore Whole Foods whenever I am visiting! You will be spoiled for choice! I would use it for meat or fish! It is a great shop!