another weigh in/check in question

Options
Please don't read if you're tired of newbies asking the same question over and over :flowerforyou: because I'm sure this isn't original

I know I'm not there or even close, but at what point in your weight loss do you readjust your starting weight in order to reflect the smaller calorie requirements? 10 pounds? 20?

Thanks a lot! :happy:

Becky

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Please don't read if you're tired of newbies asking the same question over and over :flowerforyou: because I'm sure this isn't original

I know I'm not there or even close, but at what point in your weight loss do you readjust your starting weight in order to reflect the smaller calorie requirements? 10 pounds? 20?

Thanks a lot! :happy:

Becky
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I recommend 5lbs
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    Oh i dont know would be interesting to find that one out:happy:
  • beckyi88
    Options
    Ok, then I guess I am there! Thanks a lot!
    Will that mess up my ticker? Don't want to lose that positive reinforcement.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It is my understanding of the system that if you update your weight, i do mine weekly, the system will take your new weight into account.

hope that helps
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    Once I hit 10lbs lost it did it for me without changing the ticker. I went from a 1500 cal intake to 1430.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    MFP will ask you if you want to reduce your calories when the time comes :happy:
  • beckyi88
    Options
    Thank you all for the info!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You have to go through your goals and reset them after you have lost weight. It will take calories off even if you have only lost a couple of pounds
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    MFP will ask you if you want to reduce your calories when the time comes :happy:

It didn't ask me!!!!!:grumble: Just did it automatically!:noway:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Actually, let me clarify that. I was set at 1200 cals to start, which is the lowest amount ANYONE should eat. Therefore, with my weight loss, my 1200 cals a day (before adding exercise cals) has me losing less weight per week.

Patience is a virtue!!!:flowerforyou: