Help! Only 2 lb loss in 6 weeks...I'm at my cals and working

Options
13»

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Having a quick peek at your diary I would suggest that you eat more calories as you are often under the ‘magical’ 1200 cals, and sometimes under 1000.

I would also cut down on the amount of salt (sodium) as it is fairly high (water retention).

Finally, you often have a high intake of food at night (final meal & snack). Unless you are active late on I would suggest more cals during the day & less on night.

However, everyone is different – so this may not suit you
  • AmandaJoi25
    Options
    You definetly need to eat some of those exercise calories back. With the amount your netting it's like you've purged your cals with exercise.
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The other thing that alot of people have not mentioned is that it often takes 6-8 weeks for your body to really realize what is going on and for the weight loss to begin. It took me roughly 6 weeks for the scale to move. Your weight is not a good indication because depending on the time of day you weigh, salt intake, water intake and lots of factors your weight will go up and down throughout the day. But....I have lost as many inches as I have weight since I started MFP. I had lost 20 pounds before getting on here. I started MFP about 11 weeks ago now. I have lost another 15 lbs...but I have lost roughly 20 inches. So measuring is just as important if not more important than the scale. I didn't really start seeing a big difference in my clothes for about 8 weeks. So...be patient and keep logging, exercising etc.
    This sums it up pretty well. As for the weight variation and weighing--if you want to prove this is true, weigh yourself several times a day for about a week. If you're like most of us, you'll find a variation of up to several pounds over the course of the same day. If you're a "data" person, this may be helpful because it can help prove that weight gain/loss is not a clear, linear process and needs to be tracked more as a trend over the long term than based on the individual data points.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I try to stay at 2000mg of Na/day and I'm not a soda drinker at all. Although I do have a cup of coffee about every other day. ;) I thought about lowering my carbs.....even though I'm always a bit under what MFP suggest.

Thats fine if your under on carbs its no biggie just make sure your getting at least 80/100 a day to keep ur body going :smile:

Just remember also the smaller we get the harder it gets to lose so we just gotta keep pushing forward, bigger we are the easier it is to lose cause of more fat, add a little more muscle cause muscle will burn more fat :happy:

at least what i found from losing 156lbs as of last fall (gained back some during the buy/sell of houses slacked for awhile, I gained 195lbs when I quit smoking almost 12yrs ago just didn't get off my butt til March 2009)
  • splescia82
    splescia82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am no expert, but have been using this sight for 4 weeks, and am down 22lbs. thanks to my daughter. She had me start the Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle Mcdonald which is basically low carbs. And it has worked amazing. I basically eat protein and veggies and when I reach a plateau I throw in a day where I eat more food(whatever I want) and refuel. I do not understand the scientific information on it, all I know it is working and if I want a cookie, I eat one. I don't feel deprived. Good luck to you and don't give up. For the first time in my life, I see my goal attainable, and so is yours!

I'm no expert either, but I think a 22 lb. weight loss in 4 weeks is very unhealthy. Also, any diet that restricts a specific food group is unsustainable and will most likely result in you gaining all your weight back. Even though you're eating carbs, by the time your body has reached a plateau it's already too late. It didn't take you 4 weeks to gain all your weight, so it shouldn't take you 4 weeks to lose it. Losing weight takes time and patience. Trying to incorporate good carbs like yams, brown rice, whole wheat bread will benefit you more and provide long-lasting energy so you'll never reach that plateau. Have that cookie when you want. Eat your exercise calories. Also, incorporate more fiber into your diet. Beware of psyllium as it tends to bloat you. Most importantly, don't give up. The more healthy eating habits you learn now will benefit you more in the long run - and it will be easier to keep the weight you lost off.