30 ish and single

Options
Hi, My name is Candy. I'm not terribly new, have been on MFP a couple of months. I had lost a previous 10lbs before starting then 10 here, and lately have been bouncing up and down with the same couple lbs so at a standstill a bit. I tend to do great all week, then go a little too loose on the weekends so I don't get a deficit to lose. Or I get discouraged because I will lose 2 or 3 in one week and then nothing for several. I like the accountability of MFP, it helps to log in and know that your friends will see it when you exercise or go down. Most of my MFP friends (4 outa 5) are friends in real life and seems like most of them have dropped away recently so my buddies are gone. I'd like to make some new friends on here so that I will be more apt to keep it up knowing you are watching. lol

Please add me if you are interested in a new buddy. I think it would be especially helpful to have single friends in their 30's, as lifestyles can be different when you are single than when you have a spouse, family, etc. I can't relate when people talk about their husband, wife, child sabotaging them or cooking for more than one. Navigating the dating world when you feel fat and not your best can be daunting and maybe it would help to have a comraderie with others in the same boat. I need to lose about 50lbs to get to goal so if you need to lose 30 or more, male or female, please add me!

Replies

• Paige200
    Paige200 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I am in the same boat but speaking for myself I am up and then down then up and then back down. It kinda gets annoying but don't worry you are not the only one on this journey
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily feel bad about being single, just harder to "market" myself. lol To be clear, I'd like all kinds of friends, if there is a lack of 30 something singles on here, that's okay. Please don't be afraid to request me, I'd like some accountability. All friends are welcome.
  • samanthacollier
    samanthacollier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 31 and single. It's definitely a different ballgame. I have two kids but am still in the dating world. I have about 10 pounds to lose as well. Would love to have the body in your picture!
  • Showgirlbody
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 31 and single. It's definitely a different ballgame. I have two kids but am still in the dating world. I have about 10 pounds to lose as well. Would love to have the body in your picture!

Ha ha. Yeah that's my motivation picture. It was always a joke around my friends that our wish every year was a "showgirl body", couldn't find a good showgirl so I found a model for my avatar. I had a Victoria's secret model on my fridge for a while, too. But I'm not really a snacker or binge eater, especially at home so it's not that necessary. My problem is meals when eating out and overdoing it or choosing the wrong thing. Hard to cook for one, but much easier to eat right when I make it myself.
  • SpringFlower78
    SpringFlower78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Iv done the same for about a year with about 20 pounds .then recently i just keept gaining its not easy to do but it is possible this time im going to give myself a resonable 10% goal, each time untill i reach my Ideal weight :happy:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I have three kids lol...I know it's tough!

Honestly though, it's so hard to believe some of the singles on these threads, are single.

:noway:

Anyhow, I don't know if men are welcome to invite (some women only want female MFP friends, and I respect that)...so, feel free to add me if you like.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ...been looking for my accountable friends myself
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request - 36, single and need to lose about 25lb (already lost 28)
  • krikit_lo
    krikit_lo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request. 35, single and let me tell you, my weekends are a serious challenge due to the single lifestyle. i've been up and down the same 4 lbs for over 2 months and I'm about to tear my hear out!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi. 37 and single. I am on here everyday, still want to lose maybe 45 pounds, not sure at the moment. Feel free to send me a friend request, single friends would be great.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 39 and single. I know exactly what you mean about not feeling like you can "market" yourself well. I decided that I would not reach 40 and still be unhappy with my body.

Feel free to add me. I'm on here every day.
  • Showgirlbody
    Options
    Yay, glad this thread got resurrected. They get buried so fast here. 30's and childless and single...guess there aren't many of us. But I welcome all new friends, especially if they are active. Even if you have kids. :) Male and female
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, always looking for more support...
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in this niche too... I'm 38, single and have no children. It makes it even worse that I have no one but myself to blame for the sabotaging! :grumble: I'm definitely with you, cinsuccess, on the not turning 40 unhappy with my body. Every year that passes the little aches get a bit more annoying, now's the time to fix that.
  • alscompass
    alscompass Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am also in my 30's, have an active lifestyle, no children, not married (dating however)....and can't lose that last stubborn 10-15 pounds. When I'm diligent about losing weight, I do really well and go full steam ahead focusing on nothing but being healthy........but then life, activities, travel, fun etc get in the way and tend to derail me. I need to learn the balance of complete 100% focus on losing weight and also maintaining my go go go lifestyle.
    Feel free to add me! Would love someone in a similar life situation to bounce ideas off of!