Few calories left, what do you eat when you're hungry?

Options
_VoV
_VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
Okay, it's late in the day and you only have a few calories left....oh let's say around hundred, or less. What do you eat to quell that hunger?

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with some fruit mixed in. But If I'm hungry, i don't freak out about going 50 or 100 cals over! Better that than a fridge raid later that night because I'm starving!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Don't know if you can eat them but boiled eggs work the best. Full stop.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Don't know if you can eat them but boiled eggs work the best. Full stop.

if your really extreme like when i have to be i have been known to eat boiled egg whites and throw he yellow away. loads of protein and no fat!!!

Stops hunger like a magnum
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I eat the 100 calorie cookies
  • BrittanyAlexisN
    Options
    I have a hard time with that situation, but I do try to set myself up for success by preparing snacks ahead of time for these types of moments. I love carrots and apples so I keep my fridge stocked at all times. I have also found that soups work to fill that hunger since most are around 100-200 calories and are mostly liquid and veges. I have also n oticed that if you follow any of your snacks with a large glass of water then you will feel a whole lot more full than if you were to just eat the snack alone.
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    PB2 on a rice cake, cup of hot chocolate, or some Greek yogurt.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I second the hard boiled egg, and I also like the 100 cal bags of popcorn :)
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    At 100, popcorn...less than that, pickles!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I eat soup. The high water content keeps me full for a very small number of calories.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    a few almonds, an apple or some whey protein
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I always reserve 2 oz. protein...(keep pickled hard boil eggs in refrigerator at all times or b/s chick...) WORKS EVERY TIME.:flowerforyou:
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A hot drink such as a cup of tea or Horlicks, but if I'm really hungry I'll eat something small that'll satisfy me, going over the calories on a rare occasion doesn't matter too much :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I agree with all of the suggestions. Baby carrots arae great too. You can have about 6-7 ounces of the carrots for 100 calories.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    nonfat cottage cheese, 80 cals for 1/2 a cup and it's full of protein
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I like eating the 100cal popcorn but if I don't have any I eat pickles (careful of the sodium!) I also drink another glass of water to make sure I'm not just dehydrated.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    some kind of nut butter and hot tea. i eat it off the spoon like a lollipop rather than just scarfing it down.
  • cxxviii
    Options
    I get on my treadmill (I have one at home) and then I eat what I want with the calories I've earned.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. The whole bag is less than 100 calories. Makes me feel like im eating a lot and getting a treat!
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    Maybe an apple.

If I'm really hungry or studying I wouldn't hesitate to go 200-300 calories over though.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Something with fiber and or protein. String cheese stuffed into celery, salsa and veggies, fat free cottage cheese.