Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Being in your new body is the reward.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with rewarding yourself with food. I gave up so much food that I love to lose weight and sometimes that gets frustrating so I decided when I lost 20 pounds I will reward myself with my favorite thing and have one Reese's Peanut Butter cup. When I turn down a piece of candy or some other sort of sweets I just remind myself that if I keep saying no I will have that reward soon.

I feel you here. One of my teachers this semester brought chocolate or home-cooked food to class every week (because it was an evening class, and she wanted us to perk up.) I turned it down every single week! It was so hard with delicious homemade Russian food staring me in the face.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Reaching the goal is the reward - new, nice fitting clothes.
    As for reaching my weekly goals, I allow myself a food binge - one meal and the rest of the day I can have whatever I want: pizza, burgers, fries.

I lost over 60lbs this way.
  • tigerkittyskf
    Options
    I'm a movie nut. So, I reward myself with a trip to the movies (sneaking in my own popcorn and drinks.)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret is my reward. :)
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    with gadgets and toys...my next mini goal gift is a Wii...I'm like 50lbs away though :-(
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't use food as rewards because I eat what I want on a regular basis anyway. I just have to do portion control, and make sure my macros are balanced.

While the best reward is your new body/ new self, a new wardrobe is also a great reward, and necessary :)
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I NEVER reward with food, too easy to slip back in to bad habits since I previously rewarded, celebrated, mourned, whatever with food.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    as i get into fitness I sporadically reward myself with things I've started to like, like jump ropes, I need a core ball, I love buying new exercise dvds and things like that. I do reward myself with food, there's no problem with that at all. There's more of a problem with feeling like you can't have a certain something for as long as you live, then you eventually eat it and binge, that's no good. go for the food if you like.
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Shopping! Shopping! And More Shopping! :)
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    FLOWERS,.........
  • slmclellan
    slmclellan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't reward with food either because I really haven't given anything up. I believe to be successful I have to learn to eat the treats in moderation. I would get new clothes, though you may want to wait until you are down 20lbs since you will really need new things then!
  • Bubaboodala
    Options
    SWAP the ice-cream for frozen low fat yoghurt. Yum.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I buy myself a little reward about every five pounds or so. A new scarf, a new necklace/earrings, a new dress, an app for my iPhone (on the pricey side), new walking shoes, new gloves, some new makeup, new water bottles and an electric kettle so far. In the past, I have always felt guilty for buying things I want, but the kids are grown, and I'm ready to change my thinking about lots of things, including where I stand on the whose needs and wants are important scale.

I make it a point to have them be non-food, since that is one of the habits I'm trying to break.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Being able to say "good job! I'm so proud of you!" to myself is a rewarding feeling!! Thinking about the changes I'm making and reflecting on what I would have done in the past but do differently now is also rewarding to me. I'm being a best friend to myself and that's huge. I've always been there for everyone in my life but now I'm here for me too.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    OH,...
    And
    NEW KITCHEN GADGETS,FOR THS NEW LIFSTYLE......
    I DROPPED SOME X MAS HINTS......WHY NOT???
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    New clothes have been my rewards lately:bigsmile: I donated a large amount of my clothes recently and I have basically been rebuilding my wardrobe from scratch from pretty undergarments:love: shoes, jackets, changing to just smaller sizes in general.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So my ticker has me at -5lbs...this go around. My first 100lbs I spent 1k on clothes...that don't fit anymore. They are too big now! Totally worth it. My next reward will be the elusive iPad3. Come on apple-y tech-y goodness! I am TIRED of hacking my android.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas! I always struggle trying to figure out what rewards I want, since if I really want something, I have a hard time not just running out and buying it! Also, my mother is an esthitician, and I already get massages with my insurance every month or two, so it's hard to rationalize spending money on those sorts of things :P
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself yet, but there are several things I'd like to do!

Getting myself fancy workout clothes and shoes seems like a good idea. It's extra motivation to go to the gym if you have nice clothes to work out in!

Also, I really want a haircut when I lose 30 pounds.

Annnd lastly, I put away 5 dollars for every pound lost for a shopping spree when I hit my goal weight.

:)